two

chapter two

today, she came out again but she was there before louis. this time she wore black jeans and a grey shirt. her hair is messy and curly, a pile on top of her head.

she sits slouched against the wall, smoking a cigarette. she huffs out the smoke as normal, but something about her actions are sad.

louis decides to speak up. "hey,"

she jumps slightly, frightened by the loudness of his voice. everything is amplified and echoed in close quarters.

"oh, hey." she says smoothly.

he doesn't know what to say next to make small talk so he just says what's on his mind.

"you look sad today, lovely. is everything alright?"

something shimmers in her eyes momentarily. she stares at him. "um yeah. it's just really cloudy and rainy out today. i hate it,"

louis could listen to her voice all day. it's so smooth like caramel and it's almost like music to his ears. it's better that his favorite band, better than any cure.. except his, that is.

he suddenly has a strong urge for it. he needs to feel something to feel at all.

"i understand."

louis has to go inside. he needs it right now. he tugs at his hair, standing at his balcony door trying to calm himself. he turns to where she is, slightly, still noticing that she's still there.

"hey, um. what's your name?" he asks.

his breathing is labored. something about her is purely intoxicating.

"ivory."

he thinks he just died inside. "nice to meet you ivory. im louis."

she nods slightly, taking a puff of the addictive stick. he steps inside his apartment, turning around to close the door. but before he does he raps out a quick, "cheer up, lovely." and goes inside in search for the substance that keeps him grounded.

he just needs a little reminder to know that it's okay to feel. he's just a real human with real problems.

i can't stand myself omg