Lachrymal Lacewings

Chapter Two: Lachrymal Lacewings

                   “Let go of her! She has nothing to do with you!”

                   “You think so Minami? Well what would be your stand for our children who died because of your children?! They’re innocent as well. Aren’t they?! But why do they have to die?! Yours and various Mystiques’ children are the cause of… of this havoc! And  not… us! so insert that fact to your tiny ignorant brain!”

                   “No! It is all false! You got it all wrong! Do not be fooled by the psychotic delusion of Fujima…” the sentence was then finished with a bloody slap on her face.

                   The man dragged the poor Mari up the palace, leaving her poor mother unconscious and ingratitude.

                   The carpet so velvet welcomes her to a doom so unnerving and distressful; a once serene hall for loving people yet now for frantic bozos in search for a cure that was not even here. The cure who’ll they think be set free in each wail released from a poor child’s larynx.

                   Her fear is evident enough to recognize such fright. A crying Mari felt uneasiness as the pang of terror shivered her once more. The hand of a stranger she looks up was tight in her senses. No matter how struggle she practiced, nothing came in hand. Still, the man pitilessly drags her to an undefined place they called salvation.

                   “Halt!” a voice from the hallway shouts of displeasure to the stranger holding Mari in great tight.

                   “Why, Cordelia-sama? Such pity with this lacewing? Such pest for our organization; pest for your son and to our people.” The stranger addressed to a woman wearing an elegant maroon gown in her early 20s.

                   “This is injustice! What on earth pushed you to take their inhuman orders? God never favored such acts! Release her at once.”

                   “I am afraid I cannot Cordelia-sama. You are only the secretary of this organization and in accord with the Mystique’s orders, I shall only follow Fujimara-dono’s commands and that is to execute all children aged six to eight.” A narration enough to show how hopeless the conversation was; information that will strike a pure heart’s conscience.

                   Now her words are of Mari’s life. Her utterance will be the only key for Mari’s death. Her words aren’t edible enough for a child’s fate in the world of people whom so mediocre thinkers; an adjective I describe for ignorant pests of the society. Stencil papers aren’t too tough to connect the gaps in between such as the line connecting life… and death.

                   Hopeless, I would say. Nothing moves an order from an unwise leader; reckless, impenetrable, arrogant.

                   The minute has come. Betrayal has come in hand. The doom was near for the child, helplessly crying in his arms. Spectators expected something been happening for hours yet something different fell in front… of their very eyes.

                   “Mari!” A startled Fuka woke up in confusion.

                   “Are you all…” Before Takane could finish a statement, Fuka interrupts her from saying. “Who are you? Where am I?! Where’s my daughter? Where’s Mari?! Get out of my way! I’ll look for her!”

                   “Who’s Mari?! Fuka-sensei wake up!” said Yomi , shaking Fuka up complemented with fear tingling from his spine for he knows something is wrong; inappropriate for their teacher.