ten

Katerina held her hands over her head and took slow breaths. She'd recently picked up a habit of going for a run in the morning and she wasn't exactly good at it. A few people gave her odd looks as she wheezed beside the park bench. She didn't mind though because she knew she was weak and that she was terrible at any sort of exercising.

The only type of exercise that she was actually good at was yoga. So, it didn't really make sense that she didn't know how to breathe well when she ran, but that was alright because she wasn't training to run any marathons or win any medals.

Really, the only reason that she was running in the first place was because she couldn't get what Harry said out of her mind.

"...please be careful."

He'd tried to cover it up and pretend like he didn't really mean anything by it, but Katerina knew better. Harry didn't say things unless he meant them and he certainly didn't say please for really anything.

She wondered what type of danger she was in. Obviously, it wasn't good because it was danger, but was her life on the line or did someone just want her money?

It would be a hell of a lot easier and a hell of a lot less stressful if he would just show up. Since he'd warned her, he'd been keeping a low profile for nearly a week. Katerina wasn't a really paranoid person, but his vague warning and lack of presence was starting to put her on edge.

Someone tapped her shoulder and she nearly screamed.

Harry put his hands up in defense, his eyes slightly wide and his lips lifting up in a slight smile, "Woah, just saying hello. I tried calling your name but you didn't hear me."

Katerina frowned. It was unusual for her to get so absorbed in her thoughts like that and she felt bad for unintentionally ignoring him.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I've been thinking a little too much lately."

His green eyes flickered to a spot behind her momentarily before focusing on her eyes again, "It's alright. That's not a bad thing, it's good to think and to lose yourself in your thoughts every once in a while."

She thought his glance behind her was weird, but she wasn't going to turn around and look. Maybe he'd seen someone he knew.

Katerina nodded, her chest still rising and falling at a rapid pace as her body readjusted to its normal functions, "Where have you been? I haven't seen you in a while."

The question made him nervous and he shifted his weight a little uncomfortably as he came up with a lie to tell her. She couldn't know where he actually was or what he was really doing or it would make things much worse.

"I had a business meeting in Massachusetts. Something about a future project and how we are going to fund it." His lips quirked up and slightly to the left as he realized that she was probably worried about him, "Were you worried about me?"

Katerina blushed and hoped that he didn't notice. Her face was still flushed from exercising, but Harry had been around long enough to know when a girl was blushing, and Katerina was definitely blushing.

"I...no. No, I was just wondering if you'd gone somewhere else or something." She lied and his smile grew.

Harry's tongue poked out to wet his lips as he nodded curtly. Katerina found herself staring at his lips. They were unusually pink, but they looked incredibly kissable and she let her mind wander to an inappropriate place for a moment.

She's about to say something and that's when she sees it. He's biting his lip now and there are two indents in his lip and what looks like the tips of fangs poking out.