Chapter Five

~*~Month 2~*~

Johnny sighed. It was his first day of work and he's been assigned a night shift.

Michael had shown him a few tips the other day about how to serve food more quickly and take orders more quickly. But... to be honest, they didn't sound helpful, they sounded like he was trying to flirt.

Dally tailed him as he walked around the flat trying to find his now-ironed uniform.

"Babe, I'll be fine, I promise."

"I know Michael works there."

Johnny shrugged. "He's been workin' there since tenth grade, Dal. It ain't exactly a big secret." Johnny hinted with a little sass.

"Well, you tell him as soon as you get there that if he tries anything with you, I'll have him slaughtered." Dally threatened.

Johnny rolled his eyes and pulled on his shirt. "I ain't tellin' 'im that, Dallas. 'Sides, he's changed since we broke up."

Now it was Dal's turn to roll his eyes. "Sure he has."

Johnny shook his head, pulling on his pants and shoes. "Now you be good with 'er, ya hear? If I see one scratch on 'er, even a tiny one, I-."

"I know, I know, you'll skin me alive. Yeah, yeah, I'll watch the kid." Dally said, annoyed.

Johnny smiled and turned to Aaliyah, who was lying on the couch sucking her fist. "Be good for Daddy, okay, princess?" He placed a small kiss on her forehead. "I love ya, baby girl."

Aaliyah cooed in response, kicking her small legs a little bit. Johnny smiled at her and kissed her again.

Then, he gave Dally a rather long kiss and was out the door in a split.

Dally sighed and looked at the tiny infant laid on her back, staring up at the cracked ceiling.

"Looks like it's just you and me, 'Liyah."

Aaliyah looked around for Mommy. When she didn't see him, she started crying... pretty loudly.

Dally groaned and looked up at the ceiling.

"Why, God?! Why?!"

Dally resisted the urge to cup his large hands over his ears to protect them from Aaliyah's loud wails.

He thought he couldn't take Sylvia crying; a baby was a whole other ball game.

After a few minutes of enduring the painful screeches that came from the tiny being next to him on the sofa, he couldn't take it anymore. He picked the small baby up and strolled into the bathroom, making Aaliyah think he was going to give her a bath.

Aaliyah's wails could be heard all though the flat by that time.

"Fucking God, shut the hell up, kid!!!!!!" Dally screamed angrily.

Aaliyah's vocal spectrum wavered for only a minute. She stared up at Dally with wide eyes before starting up again.

Dally could swear he was about to rip his hair out at that moment. "What. The fuck. Do you want?" He asked through gritted teeth.

Dally scoffed at his idiocy and stared up at the ceiling.

As if an infant's gonna answer me. He thought to himself.

"Mama!" Aaliyah said.

Dally stared down at the small girl, stunned. He didn't quite know what to say.

"I'm not mama." He said after a moment of silence.

"MAMA!!!" Little Aaliyah screamed, bursting into tears again. Dally groaned in aggravation.