1. Welcome home

She was sitting on her bed, staring down at the team 7 photo. It was still early afternoon. Soon, she would have to leave, today is the day.
No, it's not her wedding day. Today, Naruto Uzumaki, her team mate and best friend will go down the aisle, to marry the love of his life - the shy Hinata Hyuga. Whenever she thought about them, there came a smile upon her lips. They completed each other, as no one could. But as soon as the thought of love crossed her mind, the happiness would fade away, because each and every time her brain would bring a memory of him. As always. Always only him. And as always she just felt the cold droplets of her tears run down her cheeks. Just like always.  Immediatly she stood up, wiped away the tears, trying not to ruin the make-up Ino spend many hours on.

''Sakura, you know, the time has come. Today you will be officially the only single one of our squad. I know, all your hope is in a certain someone to sweep you off your feet but sadly  he is not there. And nobody knows, maybe he will not come back. Maybe he had found someone else. I know those are harsh words Forehead, but please, try to move on. I swear to you, if you will act uninterested, I will find you a man tonight!'' were Ino' s words earlier. She had it easy to talk, she was already married to Sai, who was a loving husband (against all expectations), calling her beautiful all the time.

But certainly, Sakura did not feel beautiful. She did not feel worthy. Since the person, which name should not be mentioned (nope, not Voldemord!xD) in front of her, left, she just concetrated on her work, waiting for him.

But years had passed and her attitude changed. She was left alone by all her friends, who all got married and spend their time at missions and with their spouses. Which was of course understandable. 
But what about her? She did not go on missions, for she was the best medic here. She was far too precious, Konoha could not risk her being kidnapped, and she was needed at the hospital here all the time anyway.

''I will see you soon'' he said on that day. After the war, their relation changed somehow. It was far from love, also not friendship, but something inbetween. But there was no time to work on that, he just went on another journey. Maybe he forgot?

Before she could think further about that, she just run out of her apartment, heading to the wedding.

A few days later

There was a knock on the door, that made Sakura jump in her chair. She had her own office at the hospital, her desk was again full of documents and still she fell asleep. She sighed. As always.Just like her master Tsunade. It did not even last a second, when her doors to the office flew open and the first thing she saw  was the biggest grin on Narutos face.

''Baka, what did you do to the door?! And who do you think you are to interrupt me with my work?'' she screamed and hit his head hard. Just like old times. He almost chuckled, but felt a bulge grow in his forehead. 
''Sorry Sakura-chan, but I have a suprise for you!'', his huge grin appeared again, as he remembered his reasons.

''What is it this time Naruto? Did Hinata pass out again, while you kissed her?'', she asked boredly. This thing happend 3 times in a week at least.

''Not this time, Sakura-chan! But Hinata is working on that, you know! But anyway, come with me!'', he dragged her out of her office by suprise and did not let her go, until they were in front of the gates of Konoha. She just wanted to hit him right now again for dragging her through the whole villige, but stopped herself as she saw a dark figure coming closer to the gates.

The whole Konoha 11 waited there, sadly without Neji, Kakashi (the hokage), Gai, Kurenai with her child, everyone.

As the person stood right in front of the crowd, his eyes met the emerald ones.

A whisper left Sakura's lips: ''Welcome home, Sasuke-kun''