Baby Blue

'I can do it!'

'I can do it!'

'I have survived almost half a year and I can't stop...I won't stop now. Just a little more, I am almost there. No pain no gain' I coaxed myself.

"It's okay, it's okay you got this! You're almost done!" Christian encouraged me. Although I am pretty sure he was scared to death himself, thinking of which brought a small smile to my face.

"Sorry but no sane person in your situation would be smiling right now Xael" he taunted me. Only making me smile wider looking at his dazed expression, however I was about to explain when the pain hit me and a scream shook my body making me grip his hand harder almost crushing it in the process.

After what felt like an eternity of excruciating pain I finally heard the wail of the baby, my baby. And at that glorious moment my smile couldn't get any bigger. Even if I couldn't open my eyes I could still feel the excitement and happiness around, which the baby had brought the moment it came into this world. "It's a boy!" Dr. Pepper exclaimed. I know it is an unusual name but that was one of the things that made me want this doctor in the first place so do not judge me. Brittney the nurse brought him closer to me wrapped up in a blue blanket.

'I wonder how they got a blue blanket this fast or did they have both pink and blue with them before I was brought in?' All the thoughts about the stupid blanket vanished as soon as I saw him. I feel like I am being an utter hypocrite to claim that I hate children but dear God! Looking at him made me feel like the luckiest mother ever to have such a beautiful baby with my hazel eyes and Christian's light brown hair and facial features.

Christian also leaned against my bed side putting an arm around me and looked at him, he turned to face me and with a sweet smile asked "So what should we name him?" Right there ladies and gentlemen with that question I was blank and by looking at my dumbstruck face Christian cleared his throat saying with a knowing look "You forgot all the names we short listed didn't you?" To that all I could give him was a sheepish smile and shrugged.

"What do you want to name him?" I had to ask after all he was his father.

"Hmm...how does Miles sound?" he suggested with a scrunched up nose concentrating hard.

"Please can we give him a name that begins with a 'X'? I asked hopefully to which he kissed my sweaty forehead gently and came up with the amazing name "How about Xader Miles Royce?"

I smiled and nodded enthusiastically saying the name out loud myself trying to see how it felt and let me tell you it felt great.

Before Christian and I could admire Xader more our impatient friends came bursting through the door making a chaos only to be shushed by Brittany much to their dismay. They came hurling towards the bed where we were. "Oh my God! Xael he- is it a boy or a girl?" Bianca Kingston my very red head friend asked with a frown.

"Can't you see the blue towel Bananas? It's clearly a boy" came from an irritated Zach Donovon who was glaring at her. He was always more my friend then hers, let's say they had their frenemy thing going on but I was not complaining their constant banter got me through the worst and most depressing stages of my pregnancy. "Oh stop it you guys you're going to wake Xader!" but that does not mean Christian was a fan of it too.

"Shut up dud- wait! You already named him? When were you going to consult us?" Bianca spoke outraged narrowing her eyes at us as if she couldn't believe the fact that we had the nerve to name our child without her consent or opinion. Knowing her she would have probably named him Stefan or Stiles from those TV shows she watches, I mean I love them but not enough to name my kid that.