Analysing

Hey, hope you are still enjoying my story.
Here's a pic of Amber.
Thank you
Lizzie xxxx
Now back to the story.....
-------
-------

I do miss my old house and my old room, but I can't really complain about my new one. Aunt Sara does have a beautiful home. And I am settling in well. I still have things to unpack to make my room my own. All I really unpacked when I got here was clothes and toiletries. Just the things I needed.

I have a large room with a large double bed. The walls are just painted cream for now, but I like it. It makes it look bright. I have a small walk in wardrobe. Which is fine with me as I don't have that many clothes. I get my own bathroom with a bath and a shower over, but the best thing about my room is the view. I have double doors that lead to a tiny balcony. Just big enough for me to sit with a book and read. It's small but I love it. It looks out right over the forest and in the morning the first thing I see is the mountains. It's just so beautiful. I don't mind not having a beach and surf to hear when I get this view.

After Amber dropped me off, I said good night to aunt Sara and came straight to my room. I got a blanket off my bed and went to sit out on my balcony. I was still bothered by Logan. I just couldn't seem to get him out of my head. The first time we talked in biology this morning, he was so nice, and I literally felt sparks when we touched. And he had asked me about the game. It didn't seem like he would talk to me the way he did if he had a girlfriend. Is that what Tara was? I really hoped not. I couldn't see me getting along with her at all. And at the start of the game he seemed pleased that I was there. I was far away but I'm certain he was smiling at me. Then since half time everything just went down hill. What happened? I didn't speak to him so there's no way I could have done something wrong. Was there?

Arrrggghhh! What's wrong with me? I'm trying to analyse every conversation with him and this is just not like me. I don't get caught up over boys. Especially one I only met this morning. But why does he seem to have the same problem as me. Every time I see him, he is already looking at me. Maybe he's just annoyed that I think I'm good enough to talk to him. I mean he is the quarterback. The golden boy of the school, and I'm a no body. The new girl. Yeah maybe that's what it is. Maybe I embarrassed him by being there when Tara showed up.

"Get a grip Alex, this is not you." I say out loud to myself.

I am good enough and if he thinks otherwise then that's his problem. I'm just going to avoid him from now on. I made some new good friends today and I think they have the potential to be great friends. So I'm just going to concentrate on them and on my school work.

I lay down for a little bit just looking at the stars through the clouds, and I start to get a tingling down my spine. I look around, but everything down below me is pitch black. I can't see a thing. I have the feeling again that I'm being watched, but it's not exactly a bad feeling. It's nice tingles not creepy.

I look around some more and I hear the trees and bushes rustle. Just the wind I tell my self. There's no one down there. I stare where I thought the noise came from and the clouds start to move from in front of the moon.

"What is that?" I say to no one in particular, from the light of the moon I swear I can see something black moving around on the ground by the trees that lead to the forest. Maybe there really are wild dogs around these parts and that's what it is. I start to get goosebumps down my arms. I pull the blanket tighter around me and head back in doors. Just as I'm locking the doors, I hear a low howl. But it somehow sounds sad and it makes my heart ache.

I get changed into my pjs and go through my bedtime routine of taking off my make up and cleaning my teeth, brushing through my hair.

I get into bed determined that tomorrow will still be a good day. And I'll be able to ignore Logan all day.