Chapter 2

I woke up the next day, and went down stairs to find Charlie. He was in the kitchen cooking.

" Good morning kido. Sleep well." He said to me, when I walked in the kitchen. It was Wednesday morning.

"Fine." I told him.

" Well I'm just fixing breakfast for you before I go to work." He told me. " I'll show you how to drive when I come back this afternoon." He said while putting breakfast on the table. I sat down and started to eat. " I had put a tooth brush in the bathroom for you to brush your teeth."

"Ok." I told him. He put on his jacket and said bye. He walk out the door. I heard him start his car and drive away. I finished eating my breakfast, then went upstairs to brush my teeth, and put on a pair of jeans and a shirt. I had looked back in the box and noticed socks and put them on . Then I notice a pair of black boots at the bottom of the box. So I put them on. I went back down stairs and washed my plate that I left in the sink. I went into the living room and turned on the tv. I flip through the channels and found other action movie. In this one there was fighting, running, jumping, and a whole lot things. Then the tv started to mess up. It must have been a bad signal. I went outside. It was a cloudy, moist day. I went down the steps and look up at the roof to see if I can find the satellite dish. I located it and I started to climb up the side of the house. I made my way on the roof. I took the dish apart and started to mess with the wires. Somehow I knew what I was doing. I put the satellite dish back together. I got up and walked to the end of the roof and looked down. It was a long way down, but not that long, so I jumped. I landed feet first on the ground and didn't break any bones. I looked around to see if anybody saw me, but nobody was outside. I went back inside to see if the tv was working right. And it was. So all day I watch movies, with fighting scenes in them. About two o'clock, Charlie came in the house.

" Hey Bella. Are you ready to learn how to drive." He said to me while putting his jacket and gun belt on the hook.

" Yeah I'm ready." So he got the key's for the truck out of a draw. I walked out the door and went to the truck. Charlie was locking the front door. He handed me the keys, and told me to get in the truck. He got in the passenger side of the truck.

" Ok, here's how you learn to drive. First you put on your seat belt." So I did. "then you check your review mirror. You want to adjust it to where you can see behind you. I adjusted the mirror. "then you would want to put the truck in reverse. It would be the r on the gear right here. He pointed to the R on the gear. But first you have to step on the brake pedal with one foot. You would have to use that same on foot on both pedals. The other one is the gas pedal. I put my foot on the brake and shifted the gear to reverse.

"Look behind you and gently press on the gas pedal. So I did as I was told. The truck started to gently move backward. "now you would want to turn the wheel in the direction you would want to go. I turned the wheels to the left. When I got on the road, Charlie told me to put it in drive. I looked at the gear and put it on the letter D, which had to stand for drive. I shift it to drive, and put my foot on the gas pedal. The truck had started to go.

" Nicely done Bella. Now you would want to go gently on the truck because it cannot go any faster. I did as I was told. We came up to a stop sign. I stopped looked both ways. Next to the wheel was a stick.

"Now you just want to push that down to make your left signal.'' I did what I was told. I pushed it down, and a left arrow came up in front of me. I made a left turn without Charlie telling me to do so.

" Wow Bella. You are starting to look like a pro now." After everything Charlie told me to do I was driving without any problem.

" Now you are ready to get your license ." He told me. He took me to this building that says DMV. We went inside and he talked to a women behind a desk. She gave him some paper to fill out. We sat down and started to write my name on paper. He put seventeen as my age.