prologue

Thunder rumbled loudly and I looked out my window above the sink as I shoveled ramen into my mouth.
"Looks like rain... I guess I won't have to water the garden tomorrow" I spoke to the empty house, as if someone would reply back. I was so used to being alone I would always talk, as if my house could listen.
"Maybe it will keep raining and I could stay home and have a disney movie marathon" I smiled to myself and wiggled my hips in excitement.
I quickly finished the miso ramen with pork, and almost skipped to the living room, my long blonde hair trailing behind me.
After clicking on the tv, I laid on the couch and wrapped my old and tattered blanket around my shoulders, tucking my feet underneath me. My cold toes were presses against my butt, making me shiver as snow white started.
There was a knock on the door.
I ignored it at first, thinking it was some kids tossing eggs at my house again, or worse, rocks.
It happened again, louder, shaking the door.
I stood up and looked through the peephole to see a person covered in a thick black cloak. I opened the door slowly, ready to kick ass if need be.
"Naruko" the person, man, said. That voice was familiar, I've heard it before, but.. it's different now.
"Sasuke?" I asked, trying to look in the cloak and he quickly stepped around me and into the house.
I closed the door behind me as he shred the muddy cloak on the wood floor.
"Are you okay? What happened? Are you hurt?" I bombarded him with questions, and his eyebrow twitched in annoyance.
"Turn off that noise" he gestured towards the movie, which was blaring snow whites warbling voice.
I turned the tv off and he seemed to relax, his dark eyes meeting mine.
"Talk to me" I said, stepping foreward. He was bigger, his biceps and toned torso were evident in his muscle shirt.
He had much more of a resemblance to itachi and fugaku now, with tired eyes, and a scowl plastered to his face.
"I didn't want to go back.. to that place" he sighed, sitting on the couch, and I sat next to him.
"You can stay here as long as you want sasuke, I don't mind" I smiled at him and he glanced towards me.
"Thank you, naruko" he stated, with no emotion in his voice. His long pale fingers gently rested on my cheek, stroking the whiskers on my face.
"I remember that..." he mumbled to himself, most likely recalling the memory of trying to pull children off of me while they carved these into my cheeks.
I had begged him for a mask, similar to kakashis, but he shook his head and patched me up with a grin plastered to his face.
"Naruko.." he started, staring intently into my eyes.
"Yes?" I said, nervously licking my lips and blushing when his eyes dropped to them. He furrowed his brow, almost as if he was arguing with himself.
He leaned foreward slowly, as if testing the water.
His breath smelled sweet, and his lips grazed over mine. My cheeks were bright red, and he smirked as he pressed his lips against mine.
"S..sasuke..." I blushed, and gently tried to push him away, "what are you doing?"
"Kissing you" sasuke growled softly, pulling me closer.
"S..sasuke you don't like me... I thought you would have been with sakura" I blushed, looking in his eyes.
"I love you" he whispered in my ear.