Chapter one

May's POV

'Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit. Is the constant sound track playing in my head. But hey it's kind of catchy. Maybe if I remixed it and added a beat...

"May, I don't mean to interrupt your mindless yammering, but you do realize that we are currently RUNNING FOR OUR LIVES!" My wolf Canna interrupts my thoughts.

"Really? I hadn't noticed. I thought we were playing a nice game of tag with the wolves chasing us." I reply sarcastically.

BANG!

Me being as graceful as I am tripped over a log and landed on my face. Just as I'm about to peel myself off the ground a pair of black boots appear in front of my face. Propping my chin up with my hand I peer up at the figure towering above me.

"Ah hello there." I say sweetly to the man in front of me.

"Did you really think you could out run the Redwood pack?" He says with a dark smirk dancing across his face.

"I have a question" I say suddenly puzzling the tall dark man.

"What is it?"

"Why did you guys name your pack Redeood? I mean do you guys just really like the colour red? Why not Bluewood or Greenwood or Pinkwood?" I ramble on.

"Come on you nut, your going to see the alpha." He says irritably. Clearly I'm already annoying him even though we just meet.

"Ooooh the alpha. Is he strong?"

"The strongest" he says gruffly.

"I highly doubt that he's the strongest." I say absentmindedly

"Because we're the strongest." My wolf adds slyly in my head.