Paperwork

"Oww..." the red suit of metal whined.
  "Tony?" I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Everyone turned their curious gaze toward me so I corrected myself, "It's Iron Man!" I took a deep breath as they turned back to the suit that was slowly trying to get back on its feet, "Alright, everyone out into the hallway, now!" I ordered. Luckily, no one hesitated as the kids scrambled for the classroom door.
  Ian walked toward me, "Come on." He started to reach for my hand to pull me toward the door.
  However, I pulled back and replied, "Go make sure everyone is alright. I'm going to make sure the man is okay."
  The command made Ian narrow his eyebrows like he was worried but my gaze turned more forceful so he turned and walked out with everyone else. When everyone was outside of the classroom, the silent room was left to just me and Tony. I ran to the man that I hadn't seen in a long while and helped him to his feet, "Are you okay?"
  "Nice to see you again, Sam," Tony's mask raised up to show his weary face. The man's features looked the same as I had seen him the last time, however, the scruff of facial hair seemed longer and more noticeable than last time. Of course, last time was a long time ago. 
  "Under other circumstances, I would agree with you... What happened outside?" I asked, figuring Tony was somehow involved with the earlier explosion.
  Tony avoided eye contact with me, hesitant on answering me.
  So, I pressed harder, "Tony, something exploded outside. You have to tell me!"
  "You sure grew up, didn't you?" Stark observed in a lighthearted banter. Was he okay? Did he hit his head too hard?
  The door opened and Ian ran in, "Sam, the principal is getting everyone together."
  I glanced at Tony expectantly then grabbed Ian's hand and followed him out, luckily Tony was close behind us. We ran to the gymnasium and found that everyone was here and panicking.
  "Everyone! Please calm down! The police are coming, and will be here any minute," Principal Leahy was trying to calm everyone down, his mustache hiding his worried frown.
  "Look! It's Iron Man!" a student from the bleachers shouted.
  Principal Leahy rolled his eyes, "Very fun-... eh!" He eventually locked eyes on what they were talking about and noticed Stark standing beside us. The gathered students started standing up on the bleachers to see the hero so the teachers ordered them to sit back down. The principal ran over to us as best he could while wearing a dark suit and turned toward Tony, "Good to see you, sir."
  "Actually, it only means it's bad news if I'm here," Tony pronounced.
  "Can you two go have a seat?" Leahy focused on me and Ian.
  Obediently, I turned and started walking away, squeezing Ian's hand since everything was starting to stress me out, but Tony called, "Wait, kid. Can I talk to you for a sec'?"
  I turned to Ian then looked at Tony, so Ian wrapped his arms around me. I gave him a hug back then watched him jog to the bleachers, sitting beside Cassie to give her company.
  "Can you please tell me what's going on?" I begged Tony, not even caring that the principal looked totally confused on why Tony wanted me to stay.
  "Sam..." he started, obviously acting uncomfortable to inform me.
  "I'm going to find out anyway," I pointed out with the cross of my arms.
  Finally, Stark sighed and started explaining, "There was a missile. We think it was heading this way so I stopped it."
  "We?" I questioned.
  "SHIELD," Tony answered.
  While I let that sink in, the principal's expression was filled with distraught by now, "Do you know why?" Leahy wondered.
  Tony shifted uncomfortably, "Um... no. But we will find out as soon as possible." The principal was about to ask another question, however, a sound came from Tony's suit so he pressed his hand against his ear to connect with his earpiece "What?... Oh, no, everyone is fine.... Ugh, fine. Tell him we're in the gym. Yeah, got to go." Then he turned back to us, "So, who's the guy?"
  After first, I was completely taken back by his question so I changed the subject, "Who's coming?"
  "Barton. Now, who's the guy?"
  My mind was mostly filled with the thoughts of another superhero coming to the gym but I was quick to realize that Tony wouldn't let me stay on that subject for too long so I figured that I had to tell him. "Uh... his name is Ian."
  Tony scoffed, "Ian, huh?... I don't like him," he turned toward the bleachers and gave a scowl his way.
  "Tony!" I tried to turn him away from Ian so the boy wouldn't think we were talking about him... even though we were.
  "Who is he to you? Please tell me he is your brother or something," Stark begged.
  My nose wrinkled while my eyebrows narrow, "Ew, no. I'm dating him, Tony."
  Tony sighed like he was wishing I hadn't said that, "Great, now I'm going to have to kill him... So much paperwork."
  The principal was shocked and terrified at this point so I laughed, stalely, "It was a joke." I explained toward Leahy.
  "What kind of guy is he? An athlete? A geek?" Tony was still staring intently on Ian.
  I rolled my eyes, "It doesn't matter."
  "Ohh, is he a bad boy?" Tony narrowed his eyes, challengingly.
  "Can we change the subject?! We could've been blown up!" I pointed out to show that we have bigger problems than me having a boyfriend.
  "She has a boyfriend!" Tony shouted although I thought it was just to spite me.
  I freaked out and shushed him, "Keep your voice down, you're embarrassing me!" Then I turned and saw who he was talking to. Clint Barton was walking toward us with his black clothes on and his bow strapped to his shoulder. His hair was standing up slightly in the front and his biceps were obvious since his suit didn't cover them up. I froze at the sight of the hero and stared in awe.
  "Oh, really? Good for her," Barton was actually supportive, as his sharp blue eyes gleamed.
  The principal looked nervously toward Hawkeye, "Uh, sir... You can't have weapons in the building..."
  "I think, for today, you can make an exception," Barton pressed.
  Leahy nodded slowly then Tony told the principle to go check on the students so they could talk. I turned around and was about to walk toward Ian but Tony stopped me, "Whoa, where are you going?"
  "Tony, I've been over here for too long. People are going to get suspicious," I explained.
  Stark gave me a bewildered look, "What? Do they not know?"
  I sighed and shook my head as a 'no' for a response, so Tony's expression turned completely offended.
  "Ouch..." Clint commented toward the response.
  Stark turned away, "Fine, go to your little friends."
  My icy blue eyes rolled because he was acting so childishly, "Don't take it personally, Tony." I reassured him, then turned around and started jogging to the bleaches.
  "You're not allowed to be within ten feet of him!" Tony demanded like he had a say in it.
  So, I looked back at him like he had just grown horns.
  "Five feet?" Tony bargained.
  In reply, I rolled my eyes and climbed the metal bleachers, sitting beside Ian. Then I watched as Tony and Clint talked, but the conversation looked pretty intense between the two superheroes. My mind was racing at the thought of the missile that was sent here. Who would want to blow up a school?

(Now Clint Barton has joined the party! How do you guys think Sam and Tony's reunion went? A light anticlimactic but it will get better as the story progresses! Now, why do you guys think there was a missile heading to the school? And what do you guys think about SHIELD's involvement? More to come soon!
~~~~~ LL2z)