One Way or Another

The sudden gust of wind waltzed its way through your body. It started at the base of your skin, slowly tracing down your shirt to your spine and toes, digging deep into you. Filling your mind with deep and depressing frigidness, you could only pull your jacket closer together.

"You're almost there, y/n," you whisper to yourself, examining your now visible breath.
Quickly you grab attention to your car, now only ten to fifteen feet away.

Another long day, but finally it had come to an end. Your feet were killing you, and as much as you'd love to let them drag, getting to your car in the late hours of the night was more important than soothing your soles.
In little to no time you're fighting with the door handle to let you in, and with two jiggles, the tough car finally gives up. Stretching your shoulders you stop in your quest when caught off guard by a conversation being held farther down the lot. Though faint, you could still make out some of the words.

"It was a damn Djinn, man. We should have seen it coming," a ragged voice called out. The two men were clearly angry, and while this one was erratic, the other was composed.
"You can't help that Dean, we just need to find out its next target."
They were tall, lanky individuals, one much larger than his counterpart.

Wait, what? A Djinn?
Your shock caused the keys in your hand to fall, making an enormous clank. Quickly, you throw yourself down to remain undetected. While waiting it out, your skin begins to burn. A fucking Djinn...you hadn't heard the term in at least a few years. Not since...

Nevermind. You shrug it off and check to see if the coast is clear, and to your gratitude, the lot is now empty once more. Climbing in your car you lock the doors and crank up the dial. The classic rock n' roll plays through the worn down speakers as you shakily light a cigarette. Embers light up your tanned face; a disturbing wreck you've become. Tugging the y/c strands out of your face you take a deep breath of the smoke, willingly letting it into your system.
What would you do? Confliction races throughout your veins while you shudder. This Dean guy..how does he know about a Djinn? He seems angry, will he be able to fight one off?
But as fast as fear runs into the blood, so does determination. You remind yourself to get a grip, and to surely try to get to the bottom of it. And that you will.

Throwing the car in reverse you press heavily on the gas, sending you back forcefully. Tossing the cigarette out the window you swallow your spit. Looking into some dumbass getting themselves into trouble wouldn't be getting back to the business. That you were done with. Now, you had a priority.

You smile to yourself. Back in business? No way in hell. With the wind in your hair, you talk out loud.

"Here's to you, Dean. I'll be sure to find what you're up to one way or another."