Act 2: Welcome

There comes a point in time where one must change. Either for better or for worst. This point in time usually happens when one is a young adult. During this period of time, people are fragile. They will cling to anything they believe in, and if you take away that belief, darkness could surrounded the most purest of souls and let them fall forever.

Do well, young one, to never let anyone come into your left and destroy what you believe in. Chase your dreams.

~~~~~

Your eyes fluttered open, and you immediately reached up to shield you eyes from the sun, once your eyes adjusted you sat up straight to look around. What you saw was rows upon rows of...you didn't know exactly, but it just screamed Shinra. Poles and wires everywhere.

A loud sound slowly started to fill the are, and you whipped your head around to see a fast approaching helicopter that soared towards the top of the main building. Your eyes stared in awe as the suns rays defined every feature of the tall building. If fet like a dream, but a bump in the road and a bang of you elbow on a box proved it was real.

You rubbed your elbow, and until the bump in the road happened, you had completely forgotten you were in the back of a truck.

You had fallen asleep.

"Ah, you're awake." You turned you head around to look through the rear window of the truck, only to be greeted by the man before who was reading a book.

"Are we there yet?" You propped yourself against a crate. "Yes." He gestured with his right hand to the very huge building you were heading to. "This is Shinra." A small smile spread across your features. This was it, the place you dreamed about.

The truck zoomed into a dark tunnel. All the sun rays had vanished instantly. Only small, dim lights built into the top of the tunnel. Slowly, you raised you hands and placed them on top of the truck. Your legs stretched themselves out and before you knew it, you were standing up in the bed of the truck. The wind making you hair whip around like crazy but your eyes were wide. You could see a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

The man you were speaking to smiled and crossed his arms. "Welcome to Shinra." He whispered.

The truck busted out of the tunnel and light flooded you vision. You blinked a few times and when your eyes adjusted, you were greated by hordes of people. People in black suits and others in white lab coats running around and working. Cars were being fixed in one corner and in another the people with lab coats were discussing 'business' with- was that silver hair? You couldn't quiet tell. Due to the moving of the truck.

Slowly, the truck came to a halt and you jumped right out of the bed. The driver of the truck motioned for you to follow him, which you did. He led you over to a big, menacingly black truck. There people from your town were jumping out of the back of it, from behind large dark green flaps.

"There, those are the other recruits. Follow them to debriefing." A large smile forms on your face as you run and catch up with the others who are being led down to where the scientists are. You stay towards the back, but you're able to catch a glimpse of silver vanishing from the ring of lab nerds. Maybe you'll find out what it is later.

One of the men in white turned around and looked at your halting group. You nearly ran into someone in front of you when the group stopped. The man who looked at your group took a few steps forward and smiled.

His smile was creepy. Unsettling.

"Hello recruits!" He said gleefully. "My name is Professor Hojo. Welcome to Shinra!"