one

'come to the army barracks with us'.
a text.
imagine if i knew what would happen. imagine if the person i was that evening understood the consequences to going into that area.

'come at like 7 or something'.
i had to follow up with that.
'the guys are coming too'.
i had to add on.

the army barracks were damp and cold, the walls were beginning to crumble with age. it was used years ago, rumours speculated it could have even been a century, dating back to wars, civil or world wars.
it was right outside of a farmer's field, illegal to trespass through, and also illegal to trespass the army barracks. rumours also speculated that the farmer shot down teenagers escaping the barracks when they ran through his field, the sheep cowering and running wild.

'we're staying the night there'.
i got a reply after that.
'okay'.
i wish i hadn't.

---

"hop the gate, don't make it so complicated" jess uttered, crossing his arms as he watched me try and hook my feet through the diamond shaped wires, hanging on by the tips of the shoes. "shut your mouth" i grunted as i made it to the top of the gate, slowly swinging my legs over the wires and then hopping onto the ground from there, i stumbled back and hissed as my hands caught my fall, scraping on the stones.
my group of friends followed, and we went on our way, over the rocky terrain and into the army barracks. "check this out!" jess snickered with immaturity, kicking the carcass of a rotten sheep. "leave it alone" eoin sighed, shining his flashlight across the buildings. eoin came prepared, food, hoodies or jumpers and a flashlight.

there were quite a few buildings, most unsteady and riddled with cigarette butts and broken bottles. the occasional corpse of a bird or a squirrel was found as well. "i'm bear grylls, and in the wilderness, we must feast on the flesh of a sciuridae, also known as...the squirrel" jess joked, making us laugh at his attempt at an accent as he crouched by a rotting squirrel carcass.

"you guys wanna head to the roof?" eoin pointed to the top of one of the main buildings, and there was a universal agreement as we all ended up walking up the stairs.
as we walked, i paused, looking over my shoulder as i thought i felt a presence, like something was reaching out for me, to grab or hold onto my clothes. there was nothing and i continued walking, laughing with them like it was nothing.

"okay, okay, listen to this story, heard from the meth parents kid" jess finished laughing.
we sat on the roof of the building, all huddled in jumpers provided by eoin as shone the flashlight to whoever told the next story or anecdote.

"so, the story begins with a kid called toby rogers".

"jess, that story is so bad...and i love it" i laughed with the others. "remember when claire metts said she saw slenderman back when in, like, sixth grade!" i brought up, making them all choke up back in laughter. "those were the days...when slenderman was the scariest thing we've ever heard of" i sighed with a sense of content.

naivety is a strong mindset. when we're barely able to comprehend the idea of no monsters in the closet, we come up with all sorts of ideas. that chair in the dark is an evil lion monster with teeth twenty inches long. that hanging shirt is a man with no limbs, floating towards you.
the idea of naivety grabs hold of us like a strong hand to the lead of a dog, pulling us and dragging us around easily.
sometimes naivety is what gets us into trouble.

"okay, okay, my turn" eoin held out his hand for the flashlight, holding it under his chin in a cliché, eerie style. "my story, begins with a man, his name was tim wright".

"where do you guys come up with this stuff" orla giggled, her presence merely silent besides laughter and smiles every now and then. "i didn't make it up! heard it from james torrison!" eoin defended, holding his hands up, though the flashlight stayed down.

orla rolled her eyes, standing up to look over the edge of the building. "think we could see our houses from here?" she questioned, glancing over her shoulder at us, we all laughed as we continued to talk, sharing our stories.

none of us saw orla look over the side of the building, none of saw her hands in her fists loosen and her face turn white as she turned to look at us, we were too busy talking about our childhood stories of creepy experiences.

none of us saw orla turn around again, none of us heard her shallow but deep breaths as she stepped closer to the edge, her shallow breaths becoming heaving, loud, before we turned.
all we saw and heard was the crackling of stones and a...crack...and her hands up in the air, grabbing onto nothing. her shrieking scream waking the birds in the nearby trees that were deadening. it was deafening, but it wasn't loud enough to cover over the low static and buzzing that played in our ears like a broken record. we all hurried to look over the edge, too horrified to scream or shout.

the buzzing was just as deafening as her final screams were.

--
A/N
you may have noticed, i re-visited and re-invented this account, and i wanted to do this story in my more modern style, improved and a better storyline than a 'kawaii senpai' silly style like it once was.

(no offence if you like that, i just find it cringey).

i want to put the creepy back into creepypasta, even if it is through a silly story on this app.