My Life

It started when I was born. A chihuahua. And a min pin. I'm a half breed. A chi-pin. I was with my parents a few weeks, then he came. My new master. He took me home. I was so excited! It was false hope. He was horrible. He cut me, hit me, and was just pure evil. Then I got rescued. I was terrified. I had learnt to not trust humans. I was right
                                                                              Ξ
While I was in the shelter, I learnt some English from the kind sheepdog in the cage next to me. I found out that we were in a place called the you ess a. But scary things happened there to. There were countless dogs, all different types and sizes. Dogs left and never came back. They think they died. One day, a ton of us got loaded into a truck and spent hours in there. It was dark. I huddled in the corner of my cage. I was so afraid that we were going to die. I heard the other dogs talking about me, "Less than a year old." "To young to have so much fear." We spent hours in that truck. Finally, I heard the driver say something like, "Welcome to Kanada, you mutts!" Is this where we were going to die? No. I got put in another shelter. I was there for several days. On the day after I got there, I got horribly sick. I heard, from the quarantine, that people had come to see me, but they couldn't. Who? Why?
                                                                             Ξ
I found out a few days later. I regained my strength, and I was brought to see some people. One couple was very old. The other was a family with puppies . A boy and a girl. I played with them in a tiny yard. They were nice. About a week later, the family came back, but only the girl puppy and her mom. They held me up out side. Someone used a black box for something called a picture. Then they put me in a tiny, black, fabric kennel that smelled like cats. I was terrified. I screamed the whole time. I was put in a car, I hate cars. I pooped in the kennel, filling the car with a horrible smell. Eventually, I ended up at the humans home. A tiny pop up trailer. There was a fire in a pit. The two male dogs were roasting meat, it smelt like cow meat. They smiled and pet me. The fed me a chunk of roasted cow meat, steak they called it. They gave me toys. I wrestled with the male puppy, my new brother. I got a warm bed to sleep in, with my new mommy. The next day, it was back in the kennel (now poop free) we drove to my newer home. A big house. I met my other sister as soon as the kennel door was opened. She was a cat. She took one look at me and ran away. My family loves me, I have a new home, free from fear. I have good food, toys, and water. I have everything I need. I'm looking forward to my second birthday, my first with my new family. I'm excited about the future and what it brings.

Love from,
                     Petey

Love from,                     Petey

Please comment what you think!