Epilogue

Author's note- this is the final chapter of this story. Just a short epilogue to tell you what happened to Light. I've really enjoyed writing it and I hope you enjoyed reading it. 

Light's point of view~ 

I panicked when I could no longer tell where L had gone; so naturally, I flew to the place I last saw him, his bedroom. That's what led me to where I am now, standing across from a message written in red spray paint. It said:

"I may wander in isolation waiting for the realms to take pity on me. However, I don't want you to worry. There is just one last thing I want you to know. I Love You Light Yagami. I" 

I should have never given him the death note. I should have never gone to see Misa. I should have never disappeared for so long. Questions that whirled inside my mind and one stood prominently, why did I do this? It was because I was stupid, always taking things for granted. But I can still make it... right?

Taking my eyes off the wall above his bed, I transported to the shinigami realm. There I saw L playing cards with Ryuk. Like always Ryuk was attempting to cheat. But my darling L, true to his character, was still beating him by a landslide. I could hear their conversation, 

" I'm glad that you purposely wore a deck of cards when you died! Now we have new ones"! Ryuk boomed loudly causing L to smile. 

" It was mainly for my benefit, not yours." L looked up at Ryuk, uncurling from his weird body position that I've come to know so well. He turned his head and our eyes connected and locked. "I'm shocked that you made it back so fast, Light. Were you rushing, perhaps? I thought that I'd have to wait a lot longer than that...your impatience actually was a good thing for once." When exactly did he notice me? 

" It sounded like you weren't going to become a shinigami; I thought you were going to choose nothingness. I'm so relieved". After I said this... I just watched as L sighed. He briefly looked away from me: then, just as fast, we returned eye contact. 

" I'm not going to become a shinigami, Light. Unfortunately, my actions have also locked me out of Heaven and Hell too. However, Ryuk allowed me an option. Thus, I just came to do one thing".

"Which is?" I questioned. 

Why would he wait here just to do something? It's only creating more pain for both of us. Slowly he approached until he was in front of me. I watched as he gently wrapped his hand around my tie. Only to then aggressively pull me towards his lips. At first shocked, I pulled back before they could touch. As if on instinct the palm of L's finger's laced through the hair on the back of my head. We tried it again. Moving forward. Inch by inch once more, until they touched. The fireworks that escalated from the dancing of our lips was brief. I felt him begin to dissipate in my hand, the only thing I was able to do was kiss him harder.  For in that moment of passion, I opened my eyes, and he was no longer there. I wasn't even left with a piece of fabric to prove he had existed. Gone. Nothing. Vanished. 

Goodbye, my second chance, my redemption and, my significant other. Though you can't hear me now: I'll say it anyway. 

"I love you".