Chapter 4

The next morning, Luna and I made our way to the café. My boss spotted me and was curious about the other wolf girl I was with.

"Hey Midna! Who's this?"

Luna hides behind me a little but I soon pull he in front of me.

"Leona, this is Luna... my friend and roommate..."

"What!? I thought you said you had no friends?!"

"I don't- didn't I saw her trying to get in my treehouse and she was scared and in the same situation as me. Do you think she could get a job?.."

There was a long silence as Leona stared at me with a questionable look on her face but I done my best cub eyes and she soon answered.

"Luna."

"Ah! Oh um yes?"

"Hmm jumpy... you're in luck, one of our waitresses quit last night so we need a new one. There's some uniforms in the back go try them on and keep the one that fits. Midna, keep your friend with you for a few days and teach her what she needs to know, okay?"

"Yep! Thank you Leona I owe you! Come on Luna let's go get a uniform for you!"

Luna looked at me with a sheepish smile and followed me to the small room at the back of the café but she never looked up, she stared at her feet and kept her hands in front of her.

"M- Midna?"

I could tell she was scared which was strange as she was really happy and bubbly all the way here. Her ears were pressed up against her head and her tail was between her legs. It was upsetting.

"Luna? Are you okay? You were fine a second ago.."

"Wh- at if I m- mess up? She will hate me!"

"Hey! Just... count yourself lucky. I didn't have anyone to train me, so don't worry."

"O- okay.."

I give her a warm smile and wait outside the room so she could get changed. About twenty minutes later she comes out and is ready to start work. I take her wrist and guide her to the table and start taking the orders, laughing slightly at the amount of concentration on her face as she intensely watches my every move.

"Thank you deerey, who this lovely young lady behind you?"

"Hm? Oh! This is Luna she new and I'm training her!"

"Well if you're training her then I bet she will be just as good as you."

The elderly lady turns her attention to Luna and jesters for her to come closer. Luna looks at me and I nod. She walks closer to her. Handing her something then whispering in her ear before coming back to me.

"Hehe!"

"You seem awfully happy Luna, what happened?"

I knew full well what happened as this couple are regulars and they done the same to me when I started out here. She had given her ten pounds and basically whispered something encouraging to her. It made her smile though so that's what made me happy.

"Your order will be out soon."

"Oh there's no rush sweety, we're not in a hurry."

She and her husband smile at the small giggles Luna and I make as we head to the kitchen to grab the order. I tell Luna to give the orders to the table by her self to see how she does on her own, she grabs a plate with a slice of carrot cake on and balances it one her arm she puts the other plate, with a slice of chocolate cake on it, on her other arm and then carries the black coffee and tea in her hands. I was surprised at the amount of focus she has and how she wasn't worried bout dropping the china plates. When she was done giving the order to the couple she turned back and headed back to me, now standing at the counter giving change to some other customers. I looked up for a second before going back to what I was doing. She has a lovely smile and I feel sorry for what happened to her, how her parents and old friends treated her.

Two hours passed, and Luna was starting to serve tables by herself. I was pleased that she copped on so quickly and that the shy, timid girl from this morning, had changed into a loving and confident girl. As I started heading to the counter, Leona called me over. A small smirk crawled onto her face as she leaned against the wall.

"How's she doing?"

"She's a natural! I cant believe how quickly she learnt everything!"

"Well I did put her in good hands. Speaking of which would you mind being the cafe's trainer? Its a lot to ask of you but you're the only one patient enough to deal with the mess ups and-"

"Of course Leona, I would love to do it!"

"Thank you Midna."

She put her hand on my shoulder and warmly smiled at me before going back to her office. As she entered, I saw a person with short brown hair and a grey sloth hoddie on, but I ignored it. Well for about half an hour. I had the person come up to me and tap me on the shoulder I turned around and saw it was a girl and she was in a uniform.

"U- um are you Mi-dna?"

"Yeah I am, what's your name?"

"Its Hylia. Um... The boss said that you can train me... Because of what you've been through..."

"So you're the same huh?"

"Yeah..."

"Do you want to come to mine and Luna's place after this?"

"Y-yeah sure... If it isn't too much trouble could I also get something to eat?.."

"Yeah... How long haven't you eaten for?"

"Not long... Just a few days... I used to sing on the street for money, but then the police came and kinda ruined that...."

As we spoke I was trying to piece together how long she'd need away from home for and I felt really sorry for her.

"Well today is mine and Luna's last day of work so we're going food shopping after work so you can either pick something from here or you can get something from the shop."

"U-um the shop please..."

"Okay. Come on, let's start training."

So anyway cubz I updated the ending of this of this as this new character is based off of someone in real life and I made it more in the way she speaks when nervous. Also the old ending was pretty blunt and I didn't like it so this is a new one too help the story flow more. But in any case I hope you enjoyed this!