Chapter one, to remeber

I'm Kayla, I suppose you may have heard of me. I suppose now it's a completely different matter though you may not know. Once the child killer, now known as the child who was killed. This was something that was never meant to happen. I suppose Emilie blames herself for it. I understand why. She had originally gone for my little sister. I'm glad she didn't, I would be long gone by now if she had have stayed to her original plan. I suppose when I think about this stuff it make me remember. It hurts to remember. To remember. That hardest thing to remember is how it started. It went by so fast. When the door knocked, I was never to know what was to happen next. I would never know that in years to come I would be sat remembering that day as the worst day that had ever been. You see when the door knocked my father stood up to answer it. I remember the pure look of annoyance, I remember my mother rolling her eyes, I even remember how my sister took the time to play with her doll... with Emilie. If I think about it for long enough I remember my father's cry I remember being told to run. I remember the look in my sisters eyes as I picked her up. I was only 9, how was I expected to act? I suppose everything was done wrong. I remember seeing my mother standing at the top of the stairs, the way her face crumbled. When I started to hear somebody step upstairs, I can remember running towards the back of the house but the thing that I remember the most is the screeching voice calling for me. I remember peeking round the corner and seeing my mother dead. I remember being told to kill, to kill the man. He had just killed my family, all that I had. I remember a rush of rage over coming me as I ran towards the back kitchen. I remember grabbing the knife, then the shadow coming round the corner. I remember how I begged for Lisa to be alive, how I gripped the knife as he walked closer, I remember the way I jumped at him and the way he paused with shock. I didn't even feel proud, I was shocked, but the voice the screech had saved me, and Lisa. I remember when Emilie first stepped towards me, I remember walking over to find Lisa. I remember how happy I felt to find her alive. I wish I couldn't, I would I couldn't remember, because when I remember, I remember the happy times, the times for the end. It makes me unhappy, to think of how my life was when it can never be that way again. I miss them more and more ever day, I feel worse and worse every day about Lisa. I had to kill her you see, she wouldn't let me have Emilie. I lost it, the last chance of being happy, of having an almost normal life. I still have Emilie, but I have nothing else. I'm stuck here without them forever. I can't forget I have to remember.