Ch. 3

Carmen laid in bed with stomach pains, two days later. The pain was so sharp, only thing she could do is twist and turn. The fact that they came out of no where, still is confusing to her. It made her feel like she needed to throw up. On top of that, she was hungry, and she needed to pee. But the pain would not let her get out of bed.

She reached for Steven and he wasn't there. Just freaking great! When she need him the most he wasn't there.

The bathroom door open and Steven walked out. He got back in bed and pulled her to him. That's when the tears start.

"What's wrong?" He asked her.

"My stomach hurts." She said.

"Awww, you need something for it?" He asked her.

"Midol. I think my period coming on. And do you mind cooking me some French fries and bring me my peanut butter please." She said.

"Alright, I'll be back. Midol in the bathroom cabinet ain't it?" He asked her. She nodded.

Carmen curled up in a fetal position. This pain was torture.

Steven walked downstairs to fix Carmen some water for her pill, when he called his mother. He don't know how to care for a sick person. And Carmen was saying her stomach hurt. He didn't know what to do.

"Hey ma, you think you can come over here?" Steven said into the phone.

"Why, what's wrong?" Mama Lorraine asked.

"It's Carmen. She sick. She said her stomach hurt." Steven said as he took the French fries out the freezer.

"Alright, I'll be right over. Just rub her stomach, it should feel better. I need to stop by the store, but I'll be on my way." Mama Lorraine hang up.

Steven hang up also, and started cooking the fries for Carmen. He still don't know what the hell she get out eating fries with peanut butter. That's weird as fuck.

His cell phone ring. He looked at the phone and answer it.

"What's up....Nah, my girl sick, I won't be there today...Alright, hold it down." Steven hang up the phone. He got a text message. He read it and turned up his lip. Was she serious right now? He walked upstairs and looked at Carmen. "No, we can't do that. My mother on the way here now." Steven said.

"Maybe it will make me feel better." Carmen said.

"Nah, I doubt it. You ready for your fries?" He asked her.

"Yes." She said.

Steven walked out the room and back downstairs. He got the fries out the grease. He put it on a paper towel on a plate, and grab the peanut butter and walked back upstairs.

"If you need me I'll be downstairs." Steven said to her.

"Why can't you stay up here with me?" Carmen open the peanut butter and dip her fry in it. She moaned. "This is so good." She said.

Steven just stared at her as she ate.

"You going to make me drop my food, if you stare hard enough." She looked over at him.

"My bad." He laughed. He grabbed a T-Shirt out his dresser and put it on. His mother should be here by now.

Just then the door closed downstairs.

"Stevie?" He heard his mother called him.

"I'm up here!" He yelled.

His mother walked upstairs carrying a bag in her hand. Steven looked at the bag.