Percy

POV: Percy Jackson

You'd think, that on the most important day of the year, I could manage NOT to destroy my only suit! Percy thought, feeling both cynically amused and exceedingly desperate at the same time. Last night, he'd made sure his navy-blue suit was washed and pressed, with a clean shirt and polished shoes laid out beside it. He'd checked it, double checked it and triple checked it.

Then when he'd woken up that morning, Percy had fallen over the ripped remains of his shoes.

He blamed the dog.

Sighing, Percy gathered together the spit-soaked rags and dumped them in a corner of his room. Since when was anything going to go right?
But at least, He thought to himself, that means I might not be chosen as a tribute. You know. Karma?
He stared around his grey-stone room, glaring gloomily at the opposite wall.

The one time he actually managed to find something that looked halfway decent and his stupid dog ruined it. It wasn't a matter of wanting to look good for the Reaping, it was the fact that every other teenaged boy in the district owned a suit for Reaping day. And he didn't. It had kind of grated on his state of mind after six years, so he'd run extra jobs for the richer people of the district for the money.

And now Mrs O'Leary, that brain-dead dog of his, had eaten his suit.

Percy ran a hand through his newly-messed up black bangs and collapsed backwards onto his small wooden bed, eliciting a groan from the old frame.
He stared up at the driftwood ceiling, pondering on what exactly he was going to end up wearing to the reaping.
Oh Gods, the Reaping!
The abhorred event was due to start at two, in about three hours. The thought of it made his palms sweat and his breathing become dilated, and that didn't happen to Percy often.
And with a heavy heart, he began rifling through this remaining clothes for something suitable to wear.

*****************
Sorry it's tiny chapter!