Chapter 24 [FINAL] - A new start

Chapter 24 [FINAL] – A new start

"Jae Wook, what do you want to become?" I asked out of the blue. "A doctor, why?" he asked and continued on making the power point presentation. "I recently decided what I want to become," I said proudly, while grinning. "Oh really? What is it?"

"A writer," I said and marked some important sentences from the sheet which I was holding. "I think that this job would suit you well" he complimented. "Finished," he said. "I just finished too"

"Wow, I didn't know that we were capable of doing this project so nicely. Thank you for your hard work" I said and Jae Wook nodded. "Let's go and eat something," I said and we walked to the kitchen. "You kids came just in time. I've made food" my mother said as we entered the kitchen.

"So, how is it going with Jonghyun?" Jae Wook asked as we sat down on the dining table. "Well, it is going-" I didn't finish my sentence because I could feel my mother eavesdropping. "Mom stop eavesdropping," I said and she sighed. "It was a nice try, though," she said and walked to her room.

"Anyway, it is going great," I said and grinned. "That's nice to hear," he said and took a sip from his coffee. "I want to ask you something" I mustered my courage to ask him about something I had noticed some time ago. "I will be frank and ask you directly" I added and he nodded. "Do you like Sawako?" I asked and he suddenly choked on his coffee.

"Are you fine?" I asked and patted his back. "Yes, I am. Why are you suddenly asking about that?" Jae Wook asked. "Well, whenever I see Sawako in the hallway and I talk to her, I see you somewhere near, starring at her" He just took another sip from his coffee and I knew what that meant. "So it's a yes," I said excitedly. "You should tell her about your feelings"

"Are you crazy? No way" he said and shook his head. "Anyway, I have to go now, we will talk later," he said and stood up. "Hey, you are avoiding the situation!" I said, but he ignored me, wore his shoes and walked out. "This guy," I said and sighed.

The next day, I walked to school. I chose not to be dropped by the driver because I wanted to have a walk. Why? Because today was my birthday and I want to enjoy this day. I think that everybody, even Jonghyun forgot my birthday because they didn't congratulate me. At least my parents wished me a happy birthday.

"I feel bad," I said and laid my head on the table. "Why? Because Jonghyun is gone?" Minji asked as he laid her head on the table too. "No, just because" I replied.

Yes, Jonghyun was out of town again. "Siwon isn't here either. It's boring without him" she said and I smiled. Their brother-sister relationship was very cute. Seconds later, the class bell rang and the teacher entered the class. "Let's start with the presentations," he said.

And so another boring day started.

After school, I walked back home with a victorious smile, I had gotten an A for the presentation.

Then, the evening came. I wanted to have a special meal for myself so I went out for some grocery shopping. Having a special meal on my birthday was something like a tradition for me. I was walking through an empty street when a car stopped right in front of me. "What the-," I asked myself. The car door opened and soon I saw a familiar figure walking towards me.

"Jaejoong?" I asked. "Hey, Soo Min," he said and I looked at him suspiciously. "Do you need something?" I asked. "Nope just wanted to chill out with my best friend for a while," he said and smiled. "Really?" I asked astonished. "And since when are we best friends?"

"From now on," he said and I laughed. "Fine, I'll come with you. Where do you want to go?" I asked and he opened the car door for me. "It's a surprise," he said and I got in. After about 15 minutes, we stopped in front of a restaurant.

After we got out, I walked toward the restaurant and opened the door. "Happy Birthday!" everybody screamed. Everybody was assembled. Sulli, Eun hee, Hyorin, Kyungsoo, Jae Wook, Minji and even Siwon, who was supposed to be in Taiwan. "Did you think that I would actually forget my sister's birthday?" Kyungsoo said and I smiled. The entire restaurant was decorated and balloons were lying everywhere.

"We prepared a cake for you," Hyorin said, pointing at the cake which was placed at the table and Jaejoong and I took a seat. "Guys, thank you very much," I said and suddenly everybody placed their gifts on the table. "You guys are the best"

"Sorry Soo Min, I can't stay for too long, I've got to go back to Taiwan in half an hour," Siwon said. "No problem. Just coming here, all the way from another country, just to wish me a happy birthday, is such a nice thing you did for me" I said and hugged Siwon. "Thank you" I added.

"Don't think it's over yet," Sulli said. "What do you mean?" I asked confused. Was there more?

Suddenly, five shining boys appeared, who walked to the mini-stage which the restaurant had. I covered my mouth with my hands because of the excitement. Wasn't SHINee supposed to be in Japan right now?

"Because our lovely Soo Min has birthday today, we will sing a song for you," Onew said. "Jonghyun chose that song especially for you," Taemin said mischievously and Jonghyun smacked his head, to which I laughed.

And then, they started to sing 'beautiful'.

There are eyes that won't let me go

slightly filled with tears, they are beautiful, your eyes

In those eyes are sadness as well

I want to know what that is

I will embrace everything of you

It's beautiful

Give me all of your scars

It's beautiful

Your existence alone is beautiful girl

I will embrace all of you

All of you, all of you

I will embrace you

All of you, you're my girl

They sang the rest of the song, and I couldn't help but my eyes got teary. "Don't cry, Soo Min" Hyorin said and hugged me. Eun hee and Sulli joined too and we four girls had a group hug.

We pulled away and I could see Jonghyun showing me a full-hearted smile. He made his way towards me and the others backed off. "Let's go," he said. "Wait. What?" I asked but he just took my hand and started to drag me outside. "What about the party?" I asked.

"Don't worry, we'll come back. I want to show you something" he said and I just quietly followed him. After a walk of some minutes, we reached a place with the best view ever. The sky was showing a mixture of the color pink and violet and I could only stare at it in amazement.

"Soo Min, happy birthday"

"I will remember this forever. Thank you for making my life so beautiful. This year was such a change for me. Thanks to you, I changed and had a new start, for the better" I said and Jonghyun suddenly pulled me into a hug. I could even smell his perfume.

"Will you promise me?" he asked. "Will you promise me not to leave my side?" he asked. "Yes, together we can go through everything," I said and he even pulled me tighter.

Everybody changes with time. Everything happens for a reason. Even your smallest mistakes can lead to new chapters of your life. If Hana hadn't found out about my crush on Oliver, I wouldn't have come back to Korea and met Jonghyun.

Mistakes happen, but don't regret them to happen; learn from them and change for the better.

I changed for the better, now it's your turn.

End of Chapter 24 [FINAL]

WAIT!

Don't leave yet.

There is a special chapter, which is coming next week.

See you soon!