Chapter 1

Adrianna

"Hello!" i spoke as i swiped the green button to  the opposite side of my phone screen. It was my one and only sister Raye calling. I knew it was only a matter of time before she would call. "Girl what's taking you so long? Mama is worried.  Dad over here talking about how he should have booked you a flight. You haven't been driving that long to be taking that trip from school by yourself." she scolded. I chuckled on the other end."I'm right up the block i just turned on Toll Bridge , open the door."  i said.

 Just as i bent the block, i could see her extra happy ass in the driveway jumping up and down. She had my baby niece angel on her hip. I have just successfully finished my sophomore year in college! I'm so excited to see what this summer has in store for me! Growing up it was me, Raye, mom, and dad. Raye is older than me by a year and nine months so we grew up close. My mother was a stay at home mom so she was always there with us. Dad on the other hand......was a work-a-holic. He wasn't around much. But that was expected..... He is the best plastic surgeon in Miami. 

Because of him i'm a biology major and i hope to join the family practice in a few years. I'm a daddy's girl if you can't already tell. Raye is closer to our mom. She  got pregnant her  freshman year and never went back. Shes been staying with mom and dad ever since. She dosen't know who Angel's dad is and we never asked. 

"Get out the car and get her before she jumps outta my arms." she said. Angel was reaching for me and giggling. I cut the engine to my new blush pink Mercedes g wagon.  Daddy got it for me for my birthday last month. "hey little mama did you miss auntie?" i cooed. She said something in baby language and i grabbed her chunky butt up. "I missed you too Fatty." "Come on, bring her inside its to hot out there for my g-baby" my daddy said. He was standing at the door waiting for us to come in. 

He took Angel from me and gave my the tightest side hug ever, kissing my forehead in the process. "Dang dad watchu tryna do kill me? i cant breathe!" i said as he released me. Taking in his appearance i noticed that his beard hair had grayed a little more since i last saw him. Just then my mama pushed him out of the way. "Whats wrong with you Devin you know my baby girl is tired from driving that long way." She then hugged me tighter than he did and lead me into the kitchen for dinner.