Insomnia: BokuAka fanfiction

He didn't know why. All he knew was that his body wouldn't let him sleep. His parents rarely discussed the topic of insomnia with him, so he was quite dense on the subject. He'd often arrive to school practically sleepwalking because of how tired he was. So when he stood at his locker and heard the ear-splitting sound of his friend, he was too drowsy to reply.
"AKKKKKAAAASSHHHI!"
The way Bokuto said it itself didn't sound like a word, and due to his lack of sleep it made it sound muffled in his ear.
Finally, the boy made it through the tough, crowded hall and eyed Akaashi suspiciously.
"Are you okay, Akaashi? You don't look too good." Bokuto asked, examining Akaashi's eyes carefully. He actually seemed disappointed in him, but Akaashi was too sleepy to notice.
"I-" He paused, stopping to yawn. "... didn't get enough sleep last night, Bokuto-san. That's all." Though the bags under his eyes spoke for him; something was up. And Bokuto was up to find out.

That night, Akaashi lay awake, his eyes wide open. Though he feels tired, his body keeps him awake, every ticking second on the clock. His head ached terribly as he put a hand up to his forehead, massaging his temples. He picked up his phone to see what time it was, the glow of the screen blinding his vision. 2:41. Still too early. Just as he was about to put down his phone, a vibrate informed him of a text.
From Bokuto.

"Sleep well Akaashi! ovo xoxoxoxoxo"

With the text was a picture of Bokuto laying in bed, a wide smile on his face, though looking hilariously sleepy. He couldn't help himself but smile back, and text:

"Thank you, Bokuto-san. Good night."

Though he couldn't go to sleep, Akaashi's headache reduced, and he stared at the ceiling smiling for a long time.

The next day, Akaashi watched Bokuto rush through the hallway, something small messily folded in his hands. Akaashi looked at it questionably while he unfolded it, revealing a small blanket. Designed on it was fluffy owls with the word "HooT!" printed next to them.
"...What's that, Bokuto-san...?" He asked spectically, his voice hazed with tiredness.
"Well, it's an owl blanket!" Bokuto grinned, slowly wrapping it around Akaashi. "You said you don't get enough sleep. I think it's because you're lonely, so I got you this blanket last night! Now you can think of me when you go to sleep, and you won't be lonely anymore!"
Akaashi stared at Bokuto, slightly surprised."I don't think that'll help, but thank you..." Then he pulled Bokuto into a small hug, a small blush on his face. Carefully placing the blanket in his locker, he went to his first class.

He tried avoiding using the blanket. He didn't know what good that could give him, but he did know that it was childish to use such a thing. As it progressed deep into the night, he felt himself urging to use the blanket, and his headache did too. Bokuto was so sure that it would work, and he would feel bad to say he didn't use it, and even worse if he'd lie about it. It sat patiently at the end of the bed, looking safe, comfy, and reassuring. He found himself pulling the blanket over his head and snuggling into it. "Thank you, Bokuto-san..." He murmured, his eyelids close to dropping. "I love you."

"I love you, too, Akaashi..."

A/N: This idea was given to me by a tumblr post. I can't even remember what post it was or who it was from but if any of you guys know I'd be so happy if you told me. Thank you!