Epilogue

It had been nine years since I had seen my family. I had moved to Denver Colorado and become a cop to legally stop crime. I was also a vigilante on the side. It was nice. I often used my powers to keep track of the Avengers and Spider-Man, but I never contacted them.

I headed into the break room of the police station where all of my coworkers happened to be.

"Hey Cap, what about you? Who's the last person you'd want to walk through that door" one of the officers inquired.

"My father" I whispered.

"What did he do" one of the rookies asked. He'd started earlier that month and knew nothing about any of us.

"He and my uncle got into a big fight, which caused my uncle to shoot me" I lied "I was thirteen, so yeah, that's why I haven't spoken to my father in nine years".

"But your uncle was the one that shot you" the rookie started.

"Yeah he did, but after I got shot, neither of them stopped to see if I was alright".

"Wow, have you spoken to any of your family" they asked. This was a typical question that rookies asked me.

"I've spoken to some close family friends that were involved in the fight, but I don't intend on ever speaking with my immediate family again".

"Call them now, I dare you" the officer said like some little kid.

"Why".

"Me and the guys will start digging up dirt on you" he stated. I did not want them to know the truth about my past.

"You know I really hate you guys some days" I muttered walking over to the phone. I used my powers to find James's number.

"Hello, who is this" James picked up "hello".

"Hey, James" I said. It was good to hear his voice.

"Will" he sounded shocked.

"Yeah it's me, and don't be so surprised. I was bound to turn up someday" I said casually.

"Where the hell have you been. Ever since the war ended, you've been MIA".

"Relax, I'm in a small town in Colorado".

"Dad's been worried for nine years".

"I know, but I can't come back".

"And why not" he asked.

"Because I have a life here, and in case you hadn't noticed, last time I was around, a war started" I said.

"Then I'm going to meet you in your new home. Tell me the address" James started.

"Track me yourself" I hung up.

"So who was that".

"My brother" I replied sitting down.

"The same one that wanted to kill you".

I nodded. "By the time I left, we were okay with one another".

"Well we should probably get back to work now".

The next day, I woke up to knocking on my door. I rolled out of bed and trudged downstairs to answer the door. The same cop that dared me to call my brother was standing on my doorstep.

"What are you doing here" I demanded.

"Look, Cap, I know that it's your day off, but this guy showed up at the station claiming to be your brother" he shoved a man in front of him "I'll see you tomorrow".