Midorikawa x reader Always the Friend

This is going to be a Drabble so I hope nobody has a problem with this.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He came into the store and went to the fridge like he did everyday. He was everything I always wanted. Tall and cute with a really pretty smile. Of course there was more to him than just that but you wouldn't know if you never talk to him. I would've quit this job a while back but I decided not to because of him.

"Good morning. How are things today?" His voice pulled me out of my Day dream as he put his item on the counter in front of my register as he did every Saturday.

"Oh the usual. Boring and tiring as usual. How have things been with you?" I flashed a small smile at him and rung up his items.

"Not bad but I have to work today. How is school going?"

"Exhausting. I just need a full day nap."

"I feel you that. Anyway I'll see you (y/n)." He picked up the bag with his items and flashed one last smile.

"Sure thing. Buy Ryuuji." And with that he was gone for the rest of the week until I'd see him again Saturday.

His name was Midorokawa Ryuuji and he worked in the athletic store right across the street from the pharmacy I work at. He was like a dream come true but sadly not all dreams come true. Everyone encouraged me to make a move on him but I could never. I'm far out of his league. I'm happy just knowing that he'll come in the store everyday and at least say hi to me. Well that was four months ago anyway.

He stopped coming into the store and disappeared completely. I went to the store he works in and everybody claims that nobody by his name works there. Did he lie to me? Is he ok? So many unanswered questions. I eventually found out why he fell off the face of the Earth. She was gorgeous. Much prettier than I could ever dream of being. And she made him happier than I could make him. But what did I really expect? I'm (age) and I've been single for (age) years now. Guess I'll always just be the friend no matter what.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry I got caught in my feelings at the end of this. This is literally my life in a nutshell so never be afraid to shoot your shot ladies and gentlemen. You never know how much net you'll get if you constantly pass a good set up. As usual vote and leave a comment.