Chapter Six

September...

'Soon' turned out to be a really long time. Because I counted the seconds, and seconds turned into minutes, and minutes turned into hours, and it just felt like an eternity. And eventually... I ended up drifting into a deep sleep, just hoping, that maybe he'd come back.

I woke up after what felt like five minutes, but really, it was over twelve hours. I think... what time did I even go sleep last night? As soon as my eyes opened, I took in the extremely unfamiliar surroundings as I tried to remember at least a small part of last night. My eyes widened, not only as my memories flooded back into my mind, but also as I came to the realization that I had no idea where I was. I got up with a sense of urgency. I brought myself to the door, trying to find my way around. I exited the bedroom and saw a hallway. I attempted to find the living room, and after a couple minutes, I did.

Looking around, my eyes landed on the boy on the couch. Harry. I let out a slight gasp. I went towards the couch and sat on the floor next to the couch. I took in his features - the way his breathing was slowed. His features were soft unlike the times that he was insulting me. His eyes were shut, but not tightly. I stared at him, letting everything soak in. Why was I here...? How did I even get here? And why did Harry sleep out here and not in his bed? Is this even his place? I was just so confused, and I needed answers.

After strongly considering waking him up, I decided against. If I woke him up, he'd probably be super pissed off and just not talk to me or just continue insulting me. "I know you're staring at me. Stop it," he said, making me gasp louder than I ever have and fall back, hitting my elbow on the coffee table.

"OW."

Harry sat up in his place, his messy hair ruffled. He ran his fingers through his hair and rubbed his eyes as I rubbed my elbow. "Are you okay?" he asked, trying to hide in a laugh.

I scowled at him. "Do I look freaking okay? God, you're so stupid," I said, getting up and walking away.

Harry stood up followed me, grabbing my arm. "I'm sorry," he said when I turned around.

"You're so stupid. That hurt a lot," I said, trying to keep my most serious face on, but I'll admit - it was a challenge.

He snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him so that we were touching. "I'm sorry," he repeated, this time more low and more seductively.

Speechless, I just stood there. What was I supposed to do now? Was he going to kiss me? God, if he did I don't know what I would do. I mean, I guess at some degree, he was cute. I mean the piercings were okay. They didn't bother me much. We stood there staring at eachother until I pulled away. "I really have to go," I said, straightening myself up.

"I'll drive you," he said.

But I shook my head. "No, it's okay."

"No, really. I insist. It's the least I could do."

What? "What do you mean? You took care of me last night - at least I think you did. How did I get here anyways?" I asked, moving back to the bedroom.

Harry smiled and then followed next to me. "Well, last night you drank, and I told you to wait for me in a bedroom and that I'd be back soon, and -"

But I cut him off, nodding. "Oh yeah. And then soon turned into forever!" I yelled half jokingly.

He sighed. "Okay, I'm sorry. I got caught up in something."

"What?" I asked curiously, making my way to the bed.

"Nothing, but anyways. When I came back up, I saw you were sleeping. But then there was no way in hell that I was leaving you in that house, so I brought you here," he said.

After fixing the bed, Harry continued the story all the way to his car. "Where do you live?" he asked, leading me to tell him my address.

The car ride was slow and silent. But it was almost a comfortable silence. Harry turned on the radio, and instantly rap music began playing. I wasn't fond of rap music, so I changed the station. And Harry changed it back. I looked at Harry, contemplating whether or not to do something. And I changed it. I assume, without thinking, he changed it back. Rolling my eyes at him, I turned the radio off.

"Fine you win."

"Yay," I said wth a small laugh.

Harry put his hand to mine, and I flinched. What was he doing? Was he trying to tell me something? Harry quickly pulled his hand away, looking unsure what to do. "S-sorry." He seemed to be saying that a lot today.

I laughed a little and grabbed his hand without thinking. I felt the hot blush creep onto my cheeks as he looked at me. "Why did you sleep on the couch?" Crap. Why did I say that?

He looked a little confused. "Well, my bedroom was kind of occupied," he said sheepishly. He probably thinks I want to sleep with him now or something.

Then a thought crossed my mind, making me widen my eyes. "D-did we do anything last night?" I asked.

For a split second, his grip tightened around my hand. "N-no. Of course not. I wouldn't..." he trailed off. He wouldn't? I don't know why that hurt but it did.

"Oh," I said, pullling my hand away.

He noticed something was wrong, I'm sure of it becaus I watched as a hint of confusion and pain flash in his eyes as we pulled up to my house. "We're here," he said.

I smiled, turning to him. "Thank you... for last night, and for bringing me home."

He didn't look at me. "Yeah, sure," he mumbled.

Ouch. It hurt. I'm not going to lie. I grabbed his hand and sighed. "Really, thank you."

This time, he actually looked at me. "You're welcome," he said. I expected that he would do something... squeeze my hand, kiss me, something, anything. So I was disappointed when he didn't. "What?" he asked cluelessly.

"Nothing," I shrugged boefre turning away.

I got out of the car quickly and went to the front before realizing that I didn't have my keys. I rang the doorbell before turning around. Harry stood outside of the car, leaning on the door of the passenger side. "What happened?" he asked.

But I shook my head. "Nothing. You can go," I said back to him, but he shook his head.

And before I knew it, my mom had opened the door. "Bye, Harry," I called out, laughing a little and he waved back.

My mom let me in, but stopped me before I could head up the stairs, "Who was that boy, Diana?" she asked.

I turned around, not reallly wanting to. "His name is Harry, Mom."

"He doesn't look..." she trailed off.

"Like all my other boyfriends? Yeah, I know."

She choked on her own saliva. 'B-boyfriend?" she asked.

I shrugged. "I mean... I think he likes me. But I don't know."

"Oh..." she said, nodding.