Chapter 1: Go Away.

I rolled out of bed, falling onto the floor with a thump. The tear tracks were still present on my face.   My parents had died a week ago and I've cried myself to sleep every night.  I laid on the floor for a few seconds, the cool wood felt good on my burning face.  I heard a soft knock on my door, but ignored it.  "Stella?"  My oldest brother Darrel's voice inquired.  I didn't respond. The door handle turned and my door opened with a creak.  I quickly closed my eyes, feigning sleep. "Stella I know you're awake." He said softly.

"No I'm- damn it!" I cursed sitting up.

"Language Stella Lux Curtis!"

Ugh I hate my middle name, I thought bitterly.  "Mom gave you that middle name for a reason,"

Golly...I said that out loud? I winced, "And why is that?"

Darry smiled, "You'll find out when you're older." Of course I will.  Everything happens when you're older.

  "You have your first day of 9th grade today."  He said. 

I groaned, "Yay, a day full of people asking why Pony and I aren't in the same grade since we're twins, and I have to reply with because I'm the dumb twin who didn't skip a grade!"

Darry frowned, "You aren't dumb Stella, and you know it."

"Whatever Darry (A/n noooo it autocorrected to daddy!) I need to get ready."

He sighed and left my room. I stood up from my uncomfortable position on the floor, and walked over to my closet.  Hm...what should I wear?  I looked through my closet till I decided on a flowy white dress and a light pink flower crown. I laid my outfit out on my bed and walked into the bathroom.  I then, turned on the shower, making sure to close and lock the door. I quickly undressed and stepped into the shower, the warm water cascaded down my porcelain skin.

  I washed my face, attempting to refresh myself.  I turned the water off after washing my body, and wrapped a white fluffy towel around myself.  I assumed no one would go near the bathroom, so I tugged my towel tighter and speedily raced through the hallway. I ran into something hard and looked up to see Dallas. I screamed and raced into my room, slamming and locking the door. Oh my god! I had never felt so humiliated in my life! And...that's saying something! I quickly got dressed and curled my hair, then cautiously peeked out into the hallway.

Seeing no one, I walked out of my bedroom.  Man... I started off my day running into one of Tulsa's biggest hoods in a towel... I guess my day can't get any worse.. Or maybe it could.