Part 1

Hi it's me Zeffie! Hope u enjoy this and comment and vote to tell me what you think I should add or if you like it. Most will be Katniss point of view but some will be other characters later on in other chapters. But enough of me read the story.

Katniss P.O.V

The morning air is crisp. It's cold,  but it feels nice. Each time I exhale from my nose, I can see my breath. The forest is quiet. There is very little activity. The snap of a twig sort of catches me off guard. A small amount of fear runs through me. I true on my heel and stand up off of the rock I am perched on. When I see a familiar face, I lower my aim.

"Whoa Catnip. Steady." Gale says.

"Sorry. I thought you were something I could kill." I say. I put my arrow away.

"I saw some turkeys on the way here. Just walked in front of me like I was invisible. I guess that's what happens when you're gone so much." He says.

"I guess so." I say.

"I see you haven't found much yet, Catnip." He says.

I look at my empty game bag. "Yeah. You could say that." I say.

"Come on Catnip. Let's see if those stupid turkeys are there." He says.

We make our way up the slope. We go near the spot where the creek is. There is a flock of turkeys there. We conceal ourselves behind some rocks. There is just enough room between the rock for my arrow to go through. I take out an arrow from my sheath. I place it on the nocking point on my bow. I pull the string back. I aim for one of the turkeys. When my arrow aligns, I let go if the string and my arrow flies. I hear the short cry the turkey makes. But I only see my first kill.....from my first Hunger Games.  'This can't be happening. He's dead. I killed him.' I think. I just scream. I try to see what is really happening, but I only see him. I feel a hand touch me. It's only Gale. 

"Katniss, calm down. It's okay. You're with me." Gale says trying to calm me.

I finally see a dead turkey. "We-we-we we should go." I say shakily. 

Gale goes and gets the turkey. We go to conceal our weapons. We leave the forest.  We slip out between the hole in the fence. As we make our way to District 12, thunder claps over head. Then rain falls. But only lightly. But soon it starts to pour. We take refuge from the rain by the Hob. 

"So you're really leaving?" Gale asks.

"Yeah. In a hour or so." I say. 

He sighs.

"Don't worry Gale. I'll be back soon. It's only two weeks. By the time the snow falls, I'll be back." I say. 

"I bet so. But so much can happen in two weeks, Katniss." He says.

"Are we going to go through this again? Gale.....that whole thing was just an act so we could stay alive." I say, coldly. 

Gale suddenly grabs my face. He pulls me into him and kisses me. The kiss doesn't last that long. 

"I'm sorry. I had to do that. At least one time......before I lost you." he says. He leaves me alone in the rain. 

I watch him walk off in 12. The rain comes down lighter as I walk to my home. I now live in the Victor's Village instead of the Seam. My life has changed drastically. I don't have to worry about feeding me and my starving little sister. We live in a good home, in the most praised homes in  District 12. I guess being put to to death and making it out has its perks. I pass the lampposts at the entrance of the Victor's Village. Buttercup is perched there. He hisses at me. But i could honestly care less. I walk to Haymitch's house. I don't knock, since he is most likely wasted. There is a wave of odor that hits right at I enter his house. It's a mixture of liquor, unwashed dishes, and an unwashed human. Haymitch is asleep at his kitchen table. He has a knife in his left hand. 

"Haymitch." I say. 

I get no answer. "Haymitch!" I say louder.

He still doesn't respond. I walk over to his sink. I fill up a pitcher of ice cold water. I go back over to him. I pour the water on him and then step back. He wakes up and is yelling and flailing his knife around. He acts like someone just attacked him. No one did. It was only me. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing girl?!" He asks, very angry.

"The camera's are going to be here in a hour, Haymitch." I retort. 

"Well you should've woken me without giving me pneumonia." He says. 

He sits back down. "If you wanted to be treated like a kid, you should've asked Peeta to do that." I snap.

"Asked me to do what exactly, Katniss?" I hear Peeta ask. 

'Did he really hear that?' I ask myself. 

Peeta enters the kitchen. I don't repeat myself. "To wake me up without giving me pneumonia." Haymitch repeats. 

Peeta sits down. He has a pan of still warm rolls. 

"You know something girl? You are a very dislikable person." Haymitch says to me. 

I pull out a bottle of liquor and slide it across the table to him. 

"But not always, sweetheart." He says. I roll my eyes.

"Want any Katniss?" Peeta asks me. He extends his arms out with the pan of rolls. I push it back to him. 

"No thank you. I'm fine." I say and it sounds almost formal. 

"Okay. You're welcome." He says a bit gruffly. 

I avoid my gaze in his direction. I look around the room. Peeta hands Haymitch a roll. 

"Well...you two have got your work cut out before showtime." Haymitch says. 

"Which is soon, you two. So make sure both of you are presentable. So that means you have to take a shower Haymitch." I say and walk over to the door. 

"I just did." He says.

I leave his house. I go across the street to my house. As I enter, I feel the warmth of the fire and the good smells of dinner. My mother and Prim come the the doorway of the kitchen and living room. My mother is odly happy. 

"Oh thank goodness you're home Katniss. Did you have a nice walk?" My mother asks. 

"Walk? I was out-" Im cut off by Prim. 

"We have some visitors." She says. 

Two men in suits come. They are from the Capitol. "Miss Everdeen, would you please follow us?" one asks. 

I do what they ask. I follow them to our office. Inside, to my surprise, is President Snow.

HEY GUYS!!!! SOOOOOO it's been a while since i have posted anything and I am sorry!!!! I live in a group home now so i don't live at home. which suck btw. But hopefully i come home soon! Anyways plz plz plz tell me what you think of the new and improved The 75th Quarter Quell!! New updates are going to come next weekend as well!! Lots of love!! 

-zeffie

Word Count is 1222