The Lost City Of Atlantis

 Many of you may have heard about ‘The Lost City Of Atlantis’ which sank into the sea in one day and one night. Atlantis was believed to be a legendry island prosperous and beautiful. Soon, in one violent surge it was gone. The island of Atlantis, its people, and its memory were swallowed by the sea. It was first mentioned in Plato's dialogues Timaeus and Critias, written in c. 360 BC.

According to Plato, the city of Atlantis was home to the most advanced society in the world. It was filled with amazing architectural elements -- intricate buildings, bridges and passageways -- adorned with priceless metals. The capital city was built on a hill and surrounded by rings of water, which were joined by tunnels large enough for a ship to sail through.

 For over two thousand years the story of Atlantis was just a story. But then an American named Ignatius Donnelly became fascinated with the story and wrote a book he believed that Plato was recording an actual natural disaster. Since then, several books have been written about the lost city.

Where was Atlantis? Plato specifically said the city was near the Pillars of Hercules, which are thought to be nowhere near Greece. The exact location of the lost city of Atlantis has been questioned by many people. Many are convinced Atlantis is in Altiplano, near the Andes Mountains, in Bolivia. Other people think it's lost somewhere in Central America, the China Sea or Africa.

If we look a little deeper then we come to know that,

Edgar Cayce felt that Atlantis existed in some form going back at least 100,000 years.

According to the myths the three brothers Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades drew lots to divide up this earthly realm. Zeus took the sky, Poseidon took the surface of the Earth which includes the sea, and Hades took the underworld. Plato tells us Poseidon then created Atlantis and married a mortal woman who gave birth to 5 sets of twins. 

That's why the largest island of Atlantis was called Poseidia. According to Cayce and others Atlantis was sent down into the murky depths as a result of black magic and sorcery. Spiritual truths were misused for greed.

Plato tells how Zeus convened a meeting with the other gods and goddesses to discuss the destruction of Atlantis and other places. Just as Zeus was about to address the other immortals at this conference Plato's story abruptly ends and nobody knows why. The theories include things like Plato just didn't bother to finish the story or perhaps the rest of the book has been lost to history.

 Many believe that these aren't just stories. Zeus and those others are real and Atlantis was a real place.  The mysterious pyramids all over the world stand as silent but undeniable witnesses that Atlantis really existed but for years people have been looking for this mysterious lost city, but no such evidence indicating the presence of the lost city has been found yet. Most of the world believes that Atlantis is nothing more than a myth.

                                                                                                                        - ALEX J.