•Chapter 1• fired up

Adaline's pov:
What Adaline looks like above^

"ADALINE KENT GET YOUR ASS IN THE KITCHEN THIS INSTANCE!!!" "Yes mom coming!!" I wonder what on earth I did this time, it's always something new and stupid. "WHAT IS THIS?!?" "Oh, oh my god!" "Oh my god!" "What is it Adaline answer my question please!" "Sorry, it's a letter." "A letter...from KATE!!!" Kate. Kate. Kate. We normally don't get letters that often and the last one we got was for my brother, who got drafted into the army when he turned 18. "Who is this Kate?" "Mom, how could you not remember her?" "She is my old preschool, elementary, and middle school best friend." "Which I haven't seen for  years, since we moved to California then came back to Tulsa, Oklahoma." "Oh that Kate..!" My mom really liked Kate, because we were exactly alike, except she is more out going...especially with guys. We have always been by each other's side, until we moved and my parents turned into acholics and split up. That's probably why my mom couldn't remember her. All this stuff that has happened in my life has been ruff and no one has been there for me really except for my brother, but now he is in the army, so I really could really use a friend like Kate. Anyways, the letter basically talked about her wanting to see me again, since she heard I was back in town. Also, she wanted to introduce me to her guy friends;). Which is a little scary for me, since I'm pretty shy. I go to high school (11th grade) and I'm 16, almost 17.. in just a few months!! But birthdays aren't celebrated really in my family or any holiday, because well we are pretty much poor. We are greasers. Not filthy rich kids. Greasers. I'm a proud greaser too. We may be poor but we are strong and love to have a great party. I do have a job though, I work at a dingo in our town. It's not the worst job on the planet, but it is pretty boring. One thing that is unique about me is I am a perfectionist and truly care for others. However, one of my downfalls is I do not think I'm pretty what so ever, I'm actually pretty self conscious. I'm pretty tall for my age... 5'9 and I'm pretty skinny and have long blonde hair. I also love sports and cars, which is weird for a greaser girl like me, I know.

NEXT DAY:
"Adaline your fired!!!" "But wait you have to understand...that wasn't my fault!" "Enough!!" "Your out of here!!" "You don't work here anymore!" You have got to be pulling my hair?! I got freaking fired for accidentally flashing someone with my bra , because I slipped on some cola, that some socs spilt?! They shouldn't even be going to the diner let alone be spilling cola on purpose! Not only was that super embarrassing to fall in front of a huge group of socs, that were probably my age, but they all saw my black lacey bra! Also, to fall on my ass in front of everyone was over the top embarrassing! Trying to hold back my tears was very hard, but I managed to pull it off until I got outside. I mean could you blame me though? I already have a life that is really hard now, with two acholics, who split up but sometimes I see both of them, and now no longer a job. I decided to walk my sorry butt to go look for a new job without getting jumped by socs. I turned to a window and fixed my smudged mascara and fix my hair to make myself look as good as new, well sorta. Then I marched over to a place where I thought I could get a job.
The DX.

Hey guys it's Ginger! So sorry for the wait I was on vacation and couldn't use my phone that much:( I had to transfer/fix this 1st chapter and move it to this account, so I do have chapter 2 also that I will post in like an hour or so. Hopefully I can get some reads and comments, so I can continue this story.:) Let me know what you guys think!:) Thanks!
-Ginger