Chapter Two - A Most Intriguing Notion

Chapter Two – A Most Intriguing Notion

On the other side of Gotham, Edward Nigma stared at the screens of his computer.

One showed a beautiful young girl, red hair ruffled from sleep, staring intently at him, or more so, the screen of the computer she was on. The one beside showed what she was looking at, his own website that no one had even found.

She was playing his extreme version of his Riddle of the Minotaur game, one that was never even released to the public.

What was even more surprising was that she had been able to find it, she had hacked in with computer skills that rivaled even his own.

"You're still watching that girl?" Jonathan questioned as he walked into the office from his lab in the room next to Edward's. "You know this is stalking, right?"

"What makes you say that?" Edward frowned, looking up to blink at the man.

"You've been watching her through that monitor since she found your site. I hardly think she's given you permission and also she doesn't even know you. That definitely makes this stalking." Jonathan shook his head, adjusting his glasses as he rolled up his dress shirt sleeves.

"But, Jonathan, she hacked into my website and is playing my game," Edward exclaimed, clapping his gloved hands together enthusiastically. "She also appears to be doing it for fun! For a challenge!"

"Fun? Who'd find your taxing challenges fun?"

Narrowing his eyes at his friend, Edward looked back to the screen as the girl stopped talking to her friend, whom Riddler hadn't seen on the screen yet, before she stood up, picking up the computer and carrying it with her.

The view was of the girl's t-shirt clad chest for a few moments before it was placed down on some surface, most likely a best as the room around looked like a bedroom. The red headed girl clicked away at the game for a moment before her friend stepped into view.

"Who is that?"

Jonathan's voice surprised Edward, as it came out in an almost awed sort of whisper. Edward looked back to find Jonathan watching the girl on the screen.

The red headed girl's companion was taller than her, with messy brown curls pulled into a bun. Startling blue eyes, much like Jonathan's, watching the red head with an unimpressed look. Edward found himself smirking slightly.

"I believe her name is Katrina, I've never seen her before now but often the red headed girl talks to her and that's what she calls her." I informed him, and Jonathan's eyes flickered slightly.

"Katrina..." He trailed off, before shaking his head. "Where are these girls? Are they in Gotham?"

"Yes, I believe they live in a rather bad part of town not far from the university. From what I've come to understand from watching them, they're university students."

Edward watched as Jonathan's eyes widened, causing Edward to look back at the screen to see what the fuss was. Behind the red headed girl's form as she played the game, was the brunette, undressing, dropping the brown button up to the floor as she searched for more clothing.

The tattoo on her lower back caused Edward to chuckle slightly.

"It looks like you've got an admirer, Jonathan." Edward smirked at his companion, referencing the insignia of his friend that adorned the young woman's back.

"Why do we have to go out? Home is where the heart is, we're completely comfortable here." The red headed girl spoke to Katrina, who shook her head, turning back to face her as she buttoned up a dark blouse.