Prologue

"Ezra?" Sabine asked, opening the door to the cabin that Zeb and Ezra shared on the Ghost. Light shined into the dark room, revealing the only person in it. Ezra Bridger opened his eyes. He was holding the glowing Sith Holocron that he had gotten from the temple on Malachor. Sabine Wren was a pretty Mandalorian girl with a sassy attitude and a high appreciation for explosives.

"Hey, Sabine. What's up?" Ezra said quickly, dropping the smooth Holocron behind him and sitting up.

"Not much. Hera wanted you to know that Kanan's being checked out by the medics. They're seeing if they can do anything for him." Ezra swallowed. On Malachor, Kanan Jarrus, Ezra's Jedi Master, had been blinded while dueling Maul. Maul was a Dark-Force user that Ezra had come across after being separated from Kanan and Ahsoka. If Ezra hadn't trusted Maul, Kanan wouldn't be blind and Ahsoka Tano would still be alive.

"How much can they do for him? Can they completely restore his eyesight?"

Sabine crossed her arms and answered, "If his eyesight was restored...it'd be considered a miracle." She looked at the ground and walked into the hallway. When the door closed, the room was filled with darkness once more. Ezra sat back down, feeling even more guilty.

That was another reason why he needed the Holocron. So that he could keep his friends safe from the Sith. 

On another part of the Ghost, Hera Syndulla looked outside the cockpit to the sky above Atollon. Kanan was still in medical right now, and she couldn't stop thinking about him. If only the entire Ghost crew had gone with together, maybe things wouldn't be so bad right now. But Kanan took Ezra with him and told the rest of the crew to stay behind. Now, Kanan was blind and Ahsoka was gone.

A faint sound of wheels became louder and louder. Then Chopper, the old, cranky droid that Hera owned, entered the cockpit.

"Hey, Chop," Hera said, turning around in the pilot's chair. Chopper warbled sadly. "Kanan's going to be okay, alright?" She said, patting his orange domed head. "He might not be able to see, but he's going to be okay. I promise." Chopper nodded and turned around as Zeb, a purple-skinned Lasat, walked into the cockpit.

"Hey Hera," Zeb said as he plopped into the seat next to her. "Went to go check on Kanan. He might be out in an hour."

Hera smiled and said, "It's nice to finally hear something good today."

Zeb looked out at the sky and said, "Yeah, it is." Chopper beeped in agreement, and the three of them watched as the sun set on Atollon.