Chapter Nine

~**Unedited**~

Chapter Nine
Mohatu's Reign

Asali, Mohatu, and Ahadi all stood behind Shauri anxiously as she did her best to help Uru. Ahadi was beginning to lose hope. The gash in her leg, after all, was brutally deep. The bone wasn't visible, so that had to be one good thing. He paced back and forth as Asali whimpered into Mohatu's mane.

"My beautiful daughter." She whimpered over and over again.

"Shh, Asali, my love, please. I have faith in Shauri." Mohatu whispered gingerly to his mate.

Ahadi paced.

Back and forth.

Back and forth.

Back and forth.

"Ahadi." Choyo suddenly scolded, gathering Ahadi's attention. "Do not do that. You only agitate the others."

Ahadi couldn't help but glare at Choyo. "Do you honestly think me capable of standing idle while my ma—" Ahadi shook his head quickly. "—while Uru is injured and dying? Not to mention hers attackers are getting away!"

"I do think you capable, for Mohatu and Asali do it perfectly fine." Choyo hissed lowly.

Ahadi shook his growing mane. "You all can stand here and hope, I'm going to go out and do something." Ahadi muttered angrily.

"Ahadi!" Choyo yelled in disagreement as he ran off. "Ahadi!" He shouted again.

"Let him go, brother. He will come back when he is ready." Mohatu sighed sadly.

Choyo looked out at the lion running towards the border. He was going to get himself into trouble.

Ahadi followed the path to the border, for he could think of nowhere else to go. The hyenas weren't dumb enough to stay on the Pridelands. They'd go towards the Deadlands or even Northern Kingdoms, he thought. But as he progressed onward, and off of Pridelander Territory, he found track from the mangy dogs. Not only that, but he found tracks of lions. Two of them. Ahadi carefully stalked the area, following to the tracks to one of the last places he'd think to look.

"The Elephant Graveyard?" he questioned to himself. "This is ludicrous."

"Is it now, Ahadi?" He heard Mashaka snicker from behind him.

"Mashaka." Ahadi snarled, baring his sharp teeth and glaring at the hyena.

"It is quite lovely to see a familiar face, is it not?" Mashaka taunted.

"You hurt Uru. I'm going to make you pay." Ahadi threatened.

"Oh you're quite mistaken, Ahadi. I killed Uru."

Ahadi launched at the hyena, who had appeared to be alone. Only, when he'd tried to go for her throat, it was very obvious she was not alone. Her clan lunged after the young lion, pouncing on his back and causing him to topple over onto his side. In a strong effort, he shook them off and led them around the Graveyard. Ahadi hadn't expected the clan to seem as big as they did now. And all the while, Mashaka sat watching with amusement.

He let himself remember why he was here. He was here to avenge Uru. Ahadi climbed up on top of a skull, hyenas following. As more and more piled up, he could hear the skull begin to crack. As his hind legs gave him the power to jump to a small ledge, the skull shattered under the hyenas. They tumbled into the skull.

"You idiots! Go after him!" Mashaka shouted, leaving her spot to go after him herself.

Ahadi ran down the small hill that had held the ledge and caught sight of Mashaka. They circled each other.