Chapter 2: The Cells

"Food!"

I wake up startled. Where am I?
Slowly it dawns on me. The cells. I was captured and thrown in here.

A plate was shoved in my cell by tall man. The plate had potatoes, some green slimy stuff and a little piece of overcooked meat.

How was I going to live of that? That's too little for a wolf. Luckely I'm not big so I'll probably survive but still.

I start eating the food. I'm hungry as fuck so at the moment I'll eat just about anything. Except asparagus. I hate those. I would rather starve than eat that.

"Hey!" A soft voice sounds from my left.

I turn around to face the person in the cell next to me.

It is a muscly man with a bald head. He is actually kind of good looking. I think he is in his late thirties. Too old for me. It doesn't hurt to secretly look at his body though. His sixpack. Yes!

"Why are you in wolf form?" He asks while still eating his food. Unlike me he eats it like a person and in a normal pace. Is he stupid? I can't answer that question in wolf form now, can I?

"I'm Lincoln by the way." He continues like he's talking to a person and not a wolf. I mean technically I am a person but I just can't have a conversation with him now.

"You can't shift, can you?" Maybe I underestimated him. He might not be as dumb as I thought. "Why else would you stay in wolf form with all this silver here." Silver affects you more as a wolf than as a human.

"Tap your paw on the ground once for no and twice for yes, okay?" Lincoln asks. I am liking this man more and more. I tap my paw twice.

"Okay, do you know how to shift back?" One tap.

"That might be a problem in here. I don't know why these guys let you off so easy but they are no softies. I was tortured to confess to a murder I didn't commit." Lincoln says his voice getting darker. That must be awful.

I didn't know what to do so I kind off just hung my head in a sign of sorrow for him.

"I'll try to teach you how to shift!" Lincoln says, his voice getting enthusiastic again. I don't know why he would do that. What's in it for him?

"I just like helping people who can be helped." He must have seen my sceptical look. I tap my paw twice. I mean okay but yes does the job. I just want to be able to shift. I don't want to piss off the guards any more.

Lincoln goes to stand up fully so I do the same. It doesn't go smoothly with me because I'm exhausted. My limps feel like someone put bricks in them.

"First," Lincoln starts, his voice serious, "you have to think of yourself as a human. Think about what you look like or think you look like."

I think of what I would look like. It's hard. I haven't seen my human form in a mirror in 9 years. I shifted when I was 12 so that was 7 years ago. I remember my face. I just picture it older and thinner.

"Now think of your bones popping and moving. Think of what they have to do to form a human." Lincoln's voice goes on.

This is a disgusting thought. My bones obviously have to make a whole lot of changes to morph into a human. You can't just go from wolf to human. It takes effort. Although eventually you can. If you do it often enough you can just change whenever you want effortlessly. I know my mom and dad could. I wish they were here to teach me.

"Now try to morph your bones. Push your arms inside. Try to form a human." Lincoln's voice interrupts my thoughts. This is easier said than done though. How on earth do I form a human? I really try but it doesn't work. My bones are tired. Really tired.

"Come on, wolfie. Imagine you as human. You can't give in to your exhaustion," Lincoln urges me on. He is right though. I really need to shift before the guards do anything bad to me.

I think really hard. Keeping that image of myself in my head. Urging my bones on to try and form a human. My arms suddenly retract. Oh my god! I did it!

"KEVIN!" A loud voice suddenly brings me out of my concentration. I'm back in complete wolf form again. The voice comes from somewhere out of my line of sight.

"When were you planning to tell me you captured a rogue?!" The voice goes on obviously angry. There is something special about this voice. I can't put my finger on it. It's a gorgeous voice though.

"Alpha!" Kevin says. Wait alpha? This is the alpha? This is not good! I'm going to be punished. Maybe even killed. "you already have so much to deal with and I didn't want to burden you any further. This rogue doesn't seem dangerous." Kevin continues.

"Don't you think I'm the one who has to make clear if he isn't dangerous?" The alpha's voice is dangerously low right now. It's obvious he is angry. I don't want to meet him right now. His voice is sexy as hell though.

"Yeah, there is one problem though." Kevin says, sounding nervous.

"Tell me." The alpha says through gritted teeth.

"He hasn't shifted back. He is in wolf form."

"Are you saying there is a wolf down here?! Do you know how dangerous that is?! Wolfs are stronger than humans, I thought you knew that?!" Alpha shouts out.

"Of course I knew but I can't force him!" Kevin says desperately.

"Oh but I can." I hear before heavy footsteps come my way. The alpha is coming here and he is not happy. I can only pray for my life right now.

For anyone who is wondering, yes it's Lincoln from Prison Break.