My Secret Crush (A Percabeth Fan Fiction)

*RIIIIING!*

Yes, breaktime atlast. I sped off to the cafeteria to have some food. My stomach has been rumbling all morning as if telling me "Are you gonna give me some food or not?!".

After paying all of the goodies I bought, I went back to our classroom'

"What's the next class?", I ask to nobody in particular.

"Mythology...nothing else....", somebody said gloomily.

"Great!" I shouted back.

All threw me a startled look like I was the only one who was happy.

Mythology was a new subject added to the curriculum.

Almost everyone hated Mythology in our class except for me and that guy named Percy Jackson-a transferee. I don't know if they just hate the subject or the teacher. For me, it seems as the most exciting subject in the whole world. Gods, heroes, monsters. Who won't like them?

"Yeah! So great!" Somebody said above the eerie silence.

I was so startled, I nearly knocked over my chair. Yeah, it was Percy.

Okay, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Annabeth Chase, a seventh grader here in Goode High School.

There came another bell, the sign that breaktime is done.

Mythology class went on smoothly, only I and Percy were participating. The rest, I don't know. I just keep on hearing yawns and groans from them.

Nothing much happened.

After classes, I walked my way home.

"Annie!" Percy yelled.

I looked back. There he was.

"Can I walk with you?"

"Oh. Sure."

"I heard you also like mythology. Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"A while ago, we read the story about Athena and Arachne. It was said that Arachne lost in that game that's why she was turned into a spider. Do you think the story was really like that?"

"I'm not sure 'cause I read in one book that Arachne's work was way better than that of Athena, so Athena got mad and beat up Arachne. She got pity on her so she poured Arachne with a magic liquid and she turned into the first spider."

"Wow. You sure know alot about myths, huh.", he said praisingly.

"Uh, not really." I said while blushing.

I had no idea why I was so uncomfortable around him. He gets me on my nerves. I don't know why.

There was silence.

"Uhm.. Annabeth, here's the condo where I live."

"You live there alone?"

"Yeah, sort of. You want to come over?"

"Okay", I said unsure of myself.

We went inside.