One

Edited on Nov 23rd, 2020, I decided to redo this fic because my writing is horribly incorrect, I realised.

fluff, angst, hurt-comfort, etc etc
_________________________________________

"I didn't ask for your help, Shinichi!" a 19-year-old Kuroba Kaito shouted throughout the house, voice echoing as he finally lost his patience towards his beloved Meitantei. "Why must you insist on helping me and endanger yourself?!"

Silence crept around Kudo's Manor.

The 19-year-old, Kudo Shinichi stiffened as the tears pooled in those beautiful blue eyes that Kaito had always adored. Shinichi couldn't believe that Kaito had said that right in front of his face. He glared back at the younger with pain.

Rarely would Kaito to lose his patience or even be furious at his boyfriend. Well, Kaito never had been that mad at anyone except for those crows. Never mad. He was never able to get mad at Shinichi too nevertheless, to yell at him. Kuroba Kaito would never yell at his darling dearest meitantei, Kudo Shinichi.

Is it wrong to protect your lover? I'm just protecting him. It's my job anyway! He's doing his night job! He's not a police! Why can't he understand that? Shinichi questioned in his head, feeling utterly vulnerable. "I'm sorry for concerning my own boyfriend's safety then. Apparently that's something I'm not allowed to do," Shinichi muttered, lips trembled, trying his hardest not to break down again as he spoke. His voice shook with hurt.

Kaito whipped around to look at him. He was about to utter something when Shinichi said something that made his heart stopped. "I knew this would happen again," he sniffled, wrapping his arms around his body as if he was trying to hold himself together in one piece. "We always fight. I'm the most useless boyfriend ever. I should've known. We've only been in a relationship for 2 months and now we're fighting. For the fifth time already." he whispered under his breath but still audible for Kaito to hear.

That made Kaito realized like tons of bricks had hit him. Shit, Kaito thought. I forgot about his relationship insecurities.

He bit his lips, heart dropped to his stomach. "Shin-chan..." Kaito muttered, looking down on the floor with so much guilt weighing down his chest. Shinichi looked so vulnerable and fragile as he cried in silence.

"Shinichi," Kaito whispered as he approached Shinichi slowly, not wanting him to run away. The latter tensed as the former tug him into a tight embrace filled with guilt, sorrow and love. "I'm so sorry, love. I didn't mean to let my anger out on you. I was just frustrated. If it weren't for Hakuba saving you from danger, you would've been in the hospital right now or else dead. You do know I want to avoid you from harm, right? I know you are capable of handling yourself but I'm scared to lose you, Shin-chan. Anything could've happened back there, my love," Kaito reasoned.

Shinichi pulled back a bit reluctantly and gaze, filled with hesitance, into Kaito's bright indigo eyes. "I trust you, Kai-chan," Shinichi said softly after a few moments of silence. Relief surged through Kaito like a tsunami. He would never forgive himself if Shinichi ever doubted their relationship again. Kaito would treat Shinichi like a piece of fragile and breakable jewel in his normal heist.