Chapter Eight

This chapter is dedicated to MadisonMarie830 because it reminded me of her for some reason 😂

-----

I had absolutely no idea who, or what, was there.

But was I going to take any chances?

Nope.

I grabbed Tessa's hand and took off running.

"Where are we gonna go?" Tessa panted, dragging behind me.

"I don't know," I admitted and didn't slow down at all.

"What about behind the Magical Rocks?" She suggested.

I squinted my eyes. "What?" I was not up to speed on this. "Where are those?"

She pointed to a collection of gigantic stones much, much taller than me. They were all in a circle facing the other rocks.

They didn't look so magical to me.

"Alright, let's go," I agreed.

We ran for at least a hundred more yards before we arrived among the stones. We made our way to the farthest one of them and decided to hide behind it.

For a minute or so, the only thing we could hear was the sound of our own unsteady
breathing.

But then we heard a louder sound.

Click clack.

Click clack.

Click clack.

And then we heard nothing at all.

Nothing but the beating of our hearts.

"Bubby..." Tessa whined. "What is that?"

"Shh..." I hissed in a quiet tone. I didn't want to reveal our place to whatever was following us.

But then there was a different sound. The sound of breathing.

And it was directly behind us.

I almost didn't want to turn around and see what it was, but I knew that I had to.

When my eyes landed on a beautiful white horse, I knew that it couldn't have followed us on our own.

There had to be someone there with it.

"Look at the horse! It's beautiful!" Tessa exclaimed is a soft voice.

But it wasn't soft enough.

"Isn't it?" A light, feminine voice called out from what seemed like nowhere.

I stood up in front of Tessa, and I noticed that attached to the horse was a golden carriage. Inside of it was a woman. She had  straight, white-blonde hair and pale blue eyes. She was also wearing a floor length, skin tight dress that was white in color.

Honestly, she was gorgeous.

"What are you doing out here?" She asked kindly, her eyes boring into my own as she huddled into her wool-knit shawl.

Tessa stood with her mouth dropped to the floor. "You're Cinderella!" She exclaimed and pointed at the young woman. "You're Cinderella!"

Cinderella chuckled. "I am, yes. And you are?"

Tessa grinned from ear to ear as she introduced herself the the queen. "My name is Tessa Marie Kelton. I'm five years old and three quarters. I love the color pink, chocolate pudding, and puppies. But not kitties. Ew."

Only Tessa would go into that much detail. However, I knew that she wasn't done yet.

"I also like dolphins; they're real pretty. I live in Hillside, and I go to Hillside Elementary School. It's off of Cherry Boulevard, so it's not too hard to get to. Oh! And my best friend is named Hayley. She has brown hair and green eyes and she is super pretty. She's also really smart and nice. My teacher is Mr. Burns and I love him. He's really old but he is really really fun and he does a lot of things that I like. We get to color in class. Kindergarten is fun."

"Wow, Tessa! That's very interesting!" Cinderella claimed, her lips forming into a smile. She then turned to me. "And you, who are you?"

"Me?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yes you, silly!"

"Oh, I'm Matthew, or Matt for short, and... That's pretty much it."

"And how old are you, Matthew?"

"I'm sixteen years old." I paused and then added, "You can call me Matt, you know."

"And it wouldn't kill you to call me Your Highness either," she replied playfully and equally as sarcastic.

"Touché."

Cinderella laughed quietly and then ran one of her hands through her hair. "Matt, may I ask you another question?"

"...um...sure."

"Are you cold?"

"Why would you say that?"

"Because," she began, "you have no shirt on."

Oh yeah.

"Um... Yeah actually, I am a little cold," I responded.

"What about you, Tessa?" Cinderella inquired. "Are you a bit chilly as well?"

Tessa nodded and motioned to her bare feet. "My toes are kind of numb. Just a little. Just kind of."

The soft breeze that was blowing through the trees began blowing a little harder; its whispers grew louder.

"Why don't you come back to the castle with me? King Charming and I have plenty of extra room for guests, and I'm sure the chefs could prepare two extra plates for dinner. Besides, we're having a ball tomorrow night! Maybe you could attend!"

"Yes!" Tessa screamed (literally). She turned around and almost pulled down my pants while tugging on them frantically. "Please? Oh, pretty please? Matty, I really want to!"

I didn't really know how to reply. On the down side, we had to figure out how to get home. But we could always do that at Cinderella's castle, right? Plus, I was pretty starving. And cold. And tired.

To Cinderella's castle it was.

"Thanks," I mentioned to the queen. "We would love to join you in your castle, Your Highness."

"See?" Cinderella's eyes sparkled. "We'll have a delightful time! And King Charming, he'll be extremely pleased! We don't usually get too many guests, not young ones, at least. On most days we are out and about, meeting with other kingdoms and all that jazz. We're too busy running the kingdom to really meet with our people."

I nodded. It made sense.

Tessa and Cinderella began indulged in conversation once the carriage took off,  leaving me to sit in silence, and cold, and think of ways how to get home.

But then, I saw Cinderella's castle, and I was completely blown away.

-----

Heyy!! How's it going? Good?

It was so hot out today that it wasn't even funny (when this was written 6-13-16)

Anyways... What did you think? I thought it was alright... I wanted to try and describe Cinderella a little more.

Keep voting and commenting!

Love youuu!

Madi