You haven't seen anything yet

song: Ignorance by Paramore

KATRINA'S POV

Cara stood in my doorway with a horrified look on her face.

"Are those drugs?!"

Oh my god, she's probably only heard about this kinda shit from anti-drug high school assemblies. Being my high and stupid self, I burst out laughing. I mean, she probably thought this was the first joint I'd ever had. Just hilarious.

Cara hurried forward and snatched my arm, dragging me out of my room and down the stairs to dad. He looked confused, but then saw the tiny blunt I still held in my fingers.

"I swear to fuck Katrina, what the hell is up with you?!"

"Oh nothing. Your eyes are just open now"

Cara must've taken the first social cue of her life, because she then slipped out of the room to leave me and dad. I just fucking hate her.

"Excuse me?" dad glared at me more, if it's even possible

"Oh damn. That was out loud?"

"Yeah it was"

I just shrugged. It's not like I was gonna apologize or whatever, I meant every word I said. Dad didn't say anything and the silence only begged for an explanation.

"Ugh fine" I answered the unspoken question "She's always up my ass about what I do and what I wear. She tries way too hard to be my mom, and totally doesn't get that she's not in charge of me. Her general stupidity and lack of exposure to real life irritates me too. Honestly, you could do so much better"

If I wasn't high as a fucking cloud, I definitely wouldn't have been so straightforward. Doesn't mean that's not how I felt though.

There's another long moment of silence, and I can tell it's probably a good idea to just leave. Not to mention I was still wearing the clothes I went running in, a sports bra and spandex shorts. Can you say awkward?

Spinning on my heel, I marched back up to my room. It was the second time today and it was barely noon.

It's gonna be a long day

-----

After changing into a much less revealing outfit of an oversized maroon t shirt, black skinnies and all black high top converse, I carefully climbed out onto the roof. The high I'd had about an hour earlier was nearly gone.

Anxiously, I tugged down my black beanie so it rested just above my eyebrows, drawing attention to the silver bar piercing one of them. My phone, earbuds and wallet were tucked in my pockets and a lit cigarette rested in between my lips. I really needed to quit smoking one of these days.

Once I made my way out my window and onto the roof, I carefully walked over to where the balcony stuck out of the side of the house. It connected to Mikes room and was for "smoking purposes", as he called it. The balcony was too small for any sort of furniture but I spotted a set of drumsticks on the ground by the door along with a lighter and pile of cigarette butts.

Doing my best to be quiet, I lightly jumped from the roof to the balcony, which was about a nine foot drop. Once I recovered from the drop, I swung my legs over the railing and slowly lowered myself so I hung off the balcony by just my fingertips.

Slowly letting my fingers loose their grip, I swiftly fell to the ground with a soft thud. If I was taller, wouldn't have been a long ways to the grass, but since I was barely over five feet tall, I went down about four feet. However, I stayed true to my nickname kitty, and landed on my feet.

I carefully walked around to the garage, avoiding any windows that I could be seen from. The last thing I needed was to get in more trouble with dad. Thankfully the garage door was open, so I was able to quickly slip in and grab one of my skateboards.

To be honest, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing or where I was going. Just...away.

Everything since dinner last night had gone downhill. I almost got kidnapped at the street fight, had a nightmare, got yelled at twice and now was sneaking out. Not the sneaking out was bad, obviously I've done worst. Its just that I kinda wish I could walk out the fucking door without getting another lecture.

Tossing my board on the road, I jumped on it and pushed myself down the sloping streets. It was just past one, so the roads were fairly empty and I was able to cruise around with minimal looks of disgust.

The wind sent my long hair behind my back, and I remembered that I still had to get Hayley to cut it. Ass-length hair is just a little too much and it got wound around my hip and belly button piercings a lot. I'll probably get it cut a little bit above my belly button, long hair was annoying but I absolutely loved it.

I kept on costing down the streets of San Diego. For early October, it was pretty warm, almost too hot to wear jeans.

Turning off my brain, I rode my board into the skatepark. It was the same one I'd met Blake at, but there were no signs of douche-y posers and their pathetic girlfriends. It was all empty, and I could just picture a tumbleweed rolling through.

After taking a deep breath, I pushed myself down the nearest ramp. Not a single thought floated through my mind as maneuvered through the concrete jungle. It was all so therapeutic, I was only able to stop cutting because I never let myself sit down long enough to slit my wrist.

I ollied onto a rail and slid down it, carefully balancing my board. Just before the end of the metal pipe, I slipped and fell hard. My phone fell out of my pocket and skidded a couple feet, and my skateboard slowly rolled away.

When I hit the ground, one of the knees in my jeans ripped open and I scraped my knee pretty badly, even through the concrete was smoothed to perfection. I felt my head hit the bottom of a ramp, sending an agonizing pain deep through my skull. Tears formed but I squeezed my eyes tightly, trying to numb the pain.

I suppose I laid there for a while, pressing my hands into my head as an attempt to ease the pain. God, it just hurt so fucking bad, worse than anything. I guess adding the concussion I already had to the new injury I just picked up wasn't a good idea.

A thought suddenly popped in my aching head. Sliding my wallet out of my ass pocket, I dug around in the coin part until I found what I wanted.

A silver razor.

-----

A/N

Ahhh! I just cannot. I can't even. I have lost the ability to even. The PTV documentary comes out about a week after my birthday. I really really really need it! Like really really bad. Just omfg this is way too much.

Anyways, I hope you guys liked the chapter and stay classy San Diego.

(lol I just watched Anchorman with my best

-Rachel