Chapter Seventy-Two

"So, you're going to watch Liam's ex's kid at his house?" Jenny asked me after we dropped Tori off at her sister's house; Jenny was driving me back to Liam's house.

"Where else am I going to do it, Jenny? Besides, this way Liam and I can take care of a baby together before we have ours."

"But Wyatt's almost two. A two year old and a newborn are completely different, Shayna. You gotta call her back and say you can't do it. What if Liam does know about Wyatt? What if he gets mad that you for not telling him that you met Hanna? Did you ever think about what could happen?"

I guess I didn't think it through.

"No...I didn't. But really, Jenny. What's the worst that Liam could do to me if he really does know about Wyatt? From the way he told me about Hanna seemed like he hadn't seen or spoke to her since they broke up. So I highly doubt he knows about her son."

We finally pulled up to Liam's house.

"At some point, you are going to tell him that you met her, right?"

I nodded. "Just not now..."

"And why not?"

I looked down at my hands then at his house.

"It's a bit complicated, Jenny?"

"How complicated? Complicated like yours and your mum's relationship it complicated like trying to figure out a rubix cube when you're color blind?"

I looked over at Jenny; was she being serious about that second option?

"I guess the second one?"

Jenny heavily sighed.

"Let me take a shot in the dark. So Liam's ex cheated on him with the guy she's with now, but he didn't know until you told him. So now he's avoiding all contact with this guy at all costs because it brings up bad memories and he doesn't want to be one of those types of guys that goes all crazy and beats up people out of anger."

My mouth dropped open.

"How could you guess all that just from me saying that it was as complicated as trying to--well, you know what I said."

"In a way, it's kind of obvious, Shay. The reason Liam is so protective of you is because he lost one girlfriend to another guy and he doesn't want to lose you too."

My eyes widened. Could she be right?

"Don't be scared, Shayna. Having an over-protective boyfriend can be a good thing. At least you'll know that he'll do anything do for you."

I swallowed some air as I looked at the house.

"Like I've said before, I want a boyfriend like him. Now get out of my car so you can see what Liam did for you."

I quickly turned my head in Jenny's direction.

"He did something for me?"

"Yup," she said popping the 'p', "Now get out of my car and have a nice evening with lover boy."

She giggled as I got out of the car.

"What did I say about calling Liam 'lover boy', Jenny?"

"You know I'm just doing it because it drives you crazy."

I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Have fun babysitting Liam's ex's kid tomorrow."

Then she drove off. I began walking towards the house. After taking a deep breath in and letting it out, I reached for the handle of the door and slowly opened it. Liam was sitting on the couch and I noticed that he had light blue paint smeared on his cheeks and his clothes. I closed the door and Liam stood up from the couch. His arms were covered in light blue paint too. He walked over to me and kissed me. I could just smell the paint on him.