Chapter 89

Mia's POV

I sit in my window seat headed back home. I want to cry again but not in front of everyone on the plane.

I knew it was too good to be true. I was more upset at the fact that he kept it from me and was never going to tell me. I knew something was up with him, I just didn't know that it would be this.

I've gotten two voice mails and a couple text messages from Harry, ignoring them all. I don't want to talk to him.........and I don't ever want to see him again.

I'm done. I'm so done with love. How did I fall for someone who I've known for only eight months and it took two years to think I was in love with someone.

Oh right. Because I thought he was the one. The right one. The one for me.

Poor Gem. I left her standing there at the door way frantic. I feel horrible but......I just couldn't be there any longer. I had to leave. I'll wait a few days before I decide to call her.

Jaz. What am I going to tell Jaz? And my mom? I know my mom will be heart broken. She was so happy for me and she loved Harry.

This just goes to show you that I'm not meant to be happy. I'm not meant to fall in love. I'm never going to find anyone. I'm just going to stay single. I was fine that way anyway.

I put in my ear buds and recline my seat back just alittle, staring out my window. This is going to be a long flight home. I close my eyes hoping to drift asleep and not think of the last few hours. Is it pathetic that I'm listening to Anthem Lights version of Say Something?

It's going to be hard. To forget the first time we met, first time we kissed, spending every minute of everyday with him.

I sigh.

As much as my heart aches right now, I'll never forget the first time he made love to me. He was so gentle.

My eyes start to water. I quickly use my sleeve to wipe them before any tears start to fall. I shut my eyes once again, let out a deep breath then slowly drift to sleep.

******************************

My eyes flicker open. I look out the window and see city lights. I'm home. We're about to land. I check my phone for the time, it's six. I think when I get home I'll go straight to bed. I'm exhausted.

As soon as I get off the plane I head to baggage claim to grab my suitcase then outside to catch a cab. I don't really want to bother my mom or Jaz about what happened, not right now.

On the way home I see signs for Longwood Gardens. Maybe I'll go there, help me forget him, forget everything.

My phone vibrates in my hand. I look down to see who it is. It's him. It's Harry. I'm not answering it. I ignore the call and let it go to voice mail, just like the others. Not long after, he sends a text.

Harry: *Mia please I need to talk to you, let me explain. I love you please I'm begging you.*

I don't reply.

Few minutes later we pull into the driveway. I climb out the car, so does the driver, grabbing my suitcase then pay him and head inside. It feels weird being away for a couple months then come back and in a way it feels different.

I go upstairs to my room and change then unpack. I know tomorrow I'm going to have to get groceries, not tonight. Tonight I'm going to order a pizza.

After I've unpacked I order my pizza online then head down into the basement and watch some tv. I don't really care what's on, I'm just flipping through the channels. My phone again goes off. Harry, for the fourth time today, is calling. Once again I ignore it.

Ding Dong

Wow. That was quick.

I rush upstairs to the door and open it.

He's a young guy, maybe early twenties, tall with short hair, blue eyes and a sweet smile.

"Hi uh delivery for a Mia Lopez?"

"Yup." I smile. "That's me."

"Here you go. One medium pepperoni pizza. Careful, it's hot."

He passes it to me.

"Thank you."

I sign the receipt leaving a reasonable tip then wave him off shutting the door behind me. I carry the pizza into the kitchen and set it on the island.

Ding Dong

Who could that be at this hour? Nobody knows I'm home.

Ding Dong

I quickly run over to the door and open it.

"Sorry I uh, I forgot to give you your drink."

"Oh." I giggle. "Thank you. I forgot about it myself."

"Have a goodnight." He grins.

"Thanks. You too." I close the door.

I pad back into the kitchen and to the cupboard to grab a plate. As I set it down on the counter, out of nowhere I break down in sobs. I can't stand here and pretend that nothing happened, that Harry didn't have sex with his stupid ex girlfriend.

The vibration of my phone on the table startles me. I reach to grab it.

"Stop calling me!" I yell then hit ignore, shut it off and throw it back on the table. I grab some tissues and clean my nose then grab my pizza and my drink and head back down to the basement.

I sit on the floor so I don't make a mess on the my couch and find something to watch on Netflix. No romance. No horror. Maybe a comedy?

I sigh.

Maybe I'll just watch some cartoons.

I shove a slice of pizza in my mouth while watching looney tunes. To be honest I'm not really paying attention. I can't stop thinking about Harry. The one person I trusted the most and loved unconditionally has broke my heart. Literally.

I listened to my mom and Jaz about taking chances, finding love, being happy. Look where that got me, home alone eating pizza, watching cartoons and now.......my head in my hands, sobbing.

I'm never going to be able to trust anyone again.

I cant, I can't do this. I lift my head up and reach for the remote to shut the tv off. I grab my pizza and head upstairs to the kitchen, throw it in the fridge, grab my phone then run upstairs to my room. I plug my phone in then climb into bed and snuggle under the blanket.

Before I go to sleep I reach for my phone and turn it back on. I've got two more missed calls and a couple more text messages. All from Harry. I delete the messages then go into my voice mail and delete them too, except the last one.

"Mia...." His voice cracks. ".....please pick up, please?" He starts to cry. "Mia I'm so sorry that I kept that from you this long. I was......" He let's out a deep breath. ".....I was afraid that I would lose you if I did. My worst fear came true and now you're gone."

Tears stream down my cheeks.

"Please come back to me Mia, please." He cries. "I love you. I love you so so much you mean more to me than anything in the world Mia please!"

He breaks down completely. I can't listen anymore I.....I have to delete it.

"I'm nothing without you. You're the only thing in my life that makes sense Mia. I-"

The voice mail cuts him off, not finishing his message. I quickly delete it then set my phone on the night table, roll over and cry myself to sleep.