Chapter 2

I felt sick to my stomach as I walked into the house.  The picture of me laying in bed with a couple guys kept going through my mind.  What was my dad going to say and do?  What was Nikki going to...wait I don't care what Nikki thinks...but yet I do.  What is Bryan and Brie going to think?  And my boyfriend...

"Kay, are you sure you're ok?" Nikki asked gently grabbing my hand as I started heading up the stairs. 

I looked at her and then looked around.  I didn't see my dad.  Without thinking I blurted out the word "No"

"What's wrong?" Nikki asked with a concerned expression. I stood there and looked at her.  Would she looked at the pictures and run to my dad if I told her?  Would she be able to help me tell my dad?

"Will you come up to my room with me?" I asked quietly "there is something I need help with."

"Of course honey" Nikki said as she followed me to my room.  I started to feel a little safe with Nikki.  She loves me and cares for me.  She always seemed more concerned about me than my dad's wife ever did. 

Once we got to my room I shut my door and found the link.  I showed her the pictures.  Her mouth dropped as she looked at it.  I could tell she was reading the article.  She started shaking her head. 

"Kaylee" Nikki said before a brief moment of silence. "Did you do anything?"

"No" I said grabbing my phone. "I'm not like that."

"I didn't think so I just...I had to ask. To be honest to me it looks like you were taking a picture with your boyfriend and a friend.  You are in a bathing suit, ok...you hair is also wet and looks like you just got done swimming.  What is worrying you so much?"

"My dad" I said looking at her.  "Sure this is just me haning out with my friends.  A friend of mine took this picture of us.  We were laying in the bed talking.  She stood up by our feet and told us to smile, so we did.  My dad is my dad. He is not going to see me with two friends...he is going to see me in bed with my boyfriend, who he doesn't like, and Nayt, who he also doens't care for.  That's what he is going to see...and look what people are saying!"

"Baby you can't pay attention to what people are saying.  Maybe it wouldn't hurt to put something on your twitter...after you talk to your dad. I can see why you are scared but I think John is going to be a little more understanding than you think.  Why don't we go talk to him before he sees this on the net?"

I took a breath and nodded. 

We went downstairs and found my dad cleaning watching ESPN. 

"There are my two special people." My dad said smiling. He looked at me and his smile faded.  "What's wrong?"

"I didn't do anything" I blurted out looking at the article I was about to show my dad.  

"What are you talking about" my dad said walking towards us.  Nikki put her arm over me. 

"Someone" Nikki started saying "Took an innocent picture of Kaylee, James, and Nayt and then sold it.  It was turned into something it's not."  Nikki then grabbed my phone and showed my dad.  I looked down. I couldn't even watch his facial expressions. 

"This is not right" My dad said "They cannot buy pictures of my 13 year old daughter in a bikini. Don't worry, sweetie, daddy will take care of this."

I smiled at my dad as he kissed my forhead and went out of the room.  I looked at Nikki who was smiling. 

"See baby" nikki said "nothing to worry about. He might talk to you about things later but I am pretty sure he is not mad at you. He saw how innocent the pictures were too."

"How do you do it?" 

"How do I do what?" Nikki asked as we sat down on the couch. 

"Put up with all the comments people say about you online?  I read them and..."

"Don't read them honey" Nikki said with a semi hurt smile. "People will say things like that all the time, they do to everyone.  I don't want you reading those bad comments about me or your dad.  And I know you do, it is hard not to read but you leave those bad comments for me and your dad to worry about.  And they don't really bother me."

"I don't fully believe that" I said getting up off the couch "Everyone gets bothered by comments like that."