Honor and Love (Ch.7)

Today was the day of the dead. Which meant that all the members of the Survey Corps are welcome to visit their fallen friends and families.

Levi wanted to visit his squad's death place but because of the titans that are around, He cannot.

Mikasa strolled outside the castle and saw a familiar figure by a tree. As she went to have a closer look, She noticed Levi. "Hey. What are you doing here?" Mikasa started the conversation. "I was planning on visiting my squad's death place. Considering how today's the day of the dead."

Mikasa then saw the pain in his eyes. "Sorry to hear that Levi... But hey, Atleast we're still with you. The people that cares about you. The Commander, Squad Leader Hanji, and the 104th Squad Members." "I know. That's why I'll have to honor them instead. Their strength did not disappear. I feel it inside us who are still fighting for freedom." Levi replied.

"Hey, wanna come with us? We're going to the capital today." Mikasa asked. "Why is that?" "So we can visit families there! I bet you'll enjoy it once we meet up with some kids!" Mikasa exclaimed with happiness. "Alright. If you're included with it then sure."

The two then took off back to the castle to meet up with the others. They formed a group and started
going to their destination. Upon arrival, Families and kids cheered for them. Some despised them while some offered them gifts.

Mikasa was right. Levi did enjoy it. But he still remained emotionless even after these events. Which didn't bother her that much.

"I'll be right back." Levi said to Mikasa and took off somewhere. "Where is he going anyways." Mikasa thought to herself.

Eren then came to her. "Hey, See that black haired kid? Reminds me of you when we were still kids." Eren exclaimed. "Really..? Do I look that old now?" Mikasa asked. "Mm.. yeah. Pretty much. But hey! Atleast your emotions didn't change!" Eren exclaimed.

"Hey Eren, Come try this food out" Annie asked. "Ok! Well, I'll get going Mikasa. I hope you'll enjoy as well." Eren said with a smile and went away.

In a few moments, Levi came back. "Oh hey! Where were you?" Mikasa asked. "Just went somewhere. Oh and here. Picked this up for you." Levi then sweetly placed a white flower on her hair. Mikasa then slightly blushed from the result.

"Wow. You look really cute with it." Levi admitted. "Is.. is that an insult or a compliment?" Mikasa embarrasingly asked. "Why would I insult you like that?" Levi replied "It's because I don't even look cute.." Mikasa exclaimed. "For me, You are cute." Levi said.

"Hey, it's a surprise for me that the two lovebirds of the Survey Corps are secretly talking to each other" Hanji came from the group and said.

"Shut it four eyes. Don't want to be included in your annoyance." Levi insulted. "Yeah yeah. And apart from that, You look pretty cute with that flower Mikasa." Hanji complimented with a smile. "Th-thank you.." Mikasa shyly replied

"Hanji's right Mikasa! You look pretty and cute!" Armin complimented as well. So as the others. Especially Jean who was blushing madly.

"Well it looks like we have to go. But before that, Let's give the people here our regards!" Erwin said.

The whole group then agreed and gave their goodbyes and regards to the people they newly met.

"Today was entertaining." Levi said. "Of course it was. Didn't I tell you that you would enjoy?" Mikasa happily exclaimed.

"Mikasa, If you're not gonna wear the flower next time, Kindly place it on a vase for us to have a remembrance?" Levi asked. "O-okay. I will. I'll cherish it."

She then got a thank you from Levi and vowed to keep it as a remembrance.