Chapter 38: You're a Turtle

Hey readers. I don't really have much to say other than..."Enjoy the chapter" :D

~~~~~~

"Dude! Stop! No. Leave me alone guys," I slapped someone's hand away for the millionth time today.

"You're so crabby," my dad chuckled while still trying to spoon feed me. They were trying to distract me from slipping into my thoughts which I understood. It was just annoying.

"I'm not crabby. You people are just getting on my effing nerves," I snapped, leaning back in my chair.

They smiled like I was the cutest thing in the world. All of them, Mom, Dad, Ariana, Clarisse and Matthew standing over me gushing and smothering me.

"Mackenzie, you're a handicapped individual. A helpless babe. Let us help you." My dad said smiling warmly...and skeptically at me. Normally, the gesture of a man trying to take care of someone else in a motherly way would warm my heart, but they were all just being d*cks about it.

Ariana poked out her lip in the cutest way, which gave reason to why, even though the Remingtons hated Matthew's offspring, they loved her anyway. She was gorgeous and sweet as pie. "Please," she said in a tiny voice.

"No, you're treating me like a retard," I sat back in the plush leather seats of Matthew's jet. Crossing my arms would've really driven home the point that I was in a sour mood. I wanted to make sure they knew that, but I sighed in defeat when I tried to cross my arms, and realized I couldn't because my left arm was in a sling and my right hand was securely bandaged.

We all sat there excitedly chatting. Actually to be accurate, they were chatting, I was pouting and Jason, well, Jason had hardly said a word since the night everything happened. I asked him what was wrong when I got out of the hospital, but he insisted it was nothing. However, his silence was making me begin to wonder if that was true.

Maybe he thought Xavier actually had raped me, and now he was disgusted by me. Granted, that would be extremely unfair of him to judge me when his sexual record was far from clean, but at the same time I could understand why he would now be repulsed with me now...especially if he thought I wasn't telling the truth.

I sighed. This was frustrating beyond belief.

He was sitting in the chair diagonal to me looking out of the window, seemingly oblivious to everything that was going on around him.

I leaned forward to grab hold of his hand, but right before I made contact he sat back further in his seat pulling his hands just out of my reach. I frowned.

"Jason, what's wrong?" I asked beginning to grow increasingly worried.

He looked at me with a flash of a guilty expression that he quickly masked into indifference. His reply was short, "Nothing."

"No, there's definitely something," I insisted leaning closer. "If you're-- Nothing happened with me and Xavier. I promise."

His voice remained softened ever so slightly. "Why would you say that?"

I hesistated briefly. "Well, because ever since that night you've hardly spoken to me. I figured you were...umm...well, I uh...I figured you were disgusted by me because something you thought happened that actually didn't," I admitted. "I promise nothing. I mean, sure, it was really close, I'll admit that, but--"

He put his finger to my lips, silencing my rant. "It's not that Mackenzie. I know nothing happened."

I pursed my lips, in confusion, until something he said caught my attention. "I thought you said nothing was wrong."