Chapter 3

Rainfeather's POV

I was completely confused. My brother had come back from his talk with the two rogues and Ivypool. Word had spread that Ivypool and Hawkfrost were there parents and Toadstep did not look the slightest bit happy, but he was staying faithful to his mate. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the high ledge for a clan meeting!" I sat next to a distraught Pineflower and Flowerspike. To my surprise it was Mossshadow standing on the high ledge. "As you all know, Windclan has attacked us. Icestar is resting in the medicine den but Dewcloud has informed me that Thistleheart's fate is still unknown," Pineflower wrapped her tail around her kit protectively. "Icestar has asked me to perform a warrior's ceremony for four cats. Dawnpaw, Nightpaw, Frost, and Flower come forward," the four cats sat in front of everyone, clearly excited. "Nightpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this clan even at the cost of your life?" Mosshadow asked.

Nightpaw held his head high and had the slightest signs of a smile. "I do!" he said.

Mossshadow smiled down at her only son. "Then from this day forward you will be known as Nightshade. Starclan honors your courage and bravery and we welcome you as a full warrior of Thunderclan!" Mossshadow jumped down from high ledge and rested her muzzle on Nightshade's head. Nightshade licked her shoulder and went to sit with the rest of the warriors. "Dawnpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this clan even at the cost of your life?"

"I do!" Dawnpaw's reply came out clear and confident.

"Then from this day forward you will be known as Dawnlight! Starclan honors your compassion and honesty and we welcome you as a full warrior of Thunderclan!" Mossshadow rested her muzzle on Dawnlight's head and she licked her mother's shoulder and went to sit next to her brother. "Frost come forward," Frost stepped forward a little unsure. "Frost, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this clan even at the cost of your life?"

All eyes were focused on the tom. "I do," he replied.

"The from this day forward you are Frostwing. Starclan welcomes your strength and integrity and we welcome you as a full warrior of Thunderclan," Mossshadow rested her muzzle on Frostwing's head and he licked her shoulder and went to sit next to Ivypool. "Flower, come forward," Flower stood infront of the deputy nervously. Flower, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this clan even at the cost of your life?"

Flower looked nervously a her brother who smiled encouragingly. "I do," she said softly.

Mossshadow smiled at her. "Then from this day forward you will be known as Flowerhawk. Starclan welcomes your bravery and determination and we welcome you as a full warrior of Thunderclan," Mossshadow rested her muzzle on Flowerhawk's head and Flowerhawk licked her shoulder in return. Flowerhawk walked over to her brother and the two sat up proudly.

"Nightshade! Dawnlight! Frostwing! Flowerhawk!" the clan cheered. I could distinctly hear my brother's voice when Dawnlight's name was shouted. I saw Powerfang run over to Dawnlight and they touched muzzle's and sat down together with Powerfang wrapping his tail around her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Powerfang's POV

I ran alongside Dawnlight, my Dawnlight. We were running along the Shadowclan border because that was what Dawnlight had wanted to do before her vigil. A blur up ahead caused both of us to run faster. When we came to the place where the blur went Pollenfur was sitting there with envy clear in her eyes. "Why are you on Thunderclan territory?" Dawnlight demanded.

Pollenfur didn't even acknowledge Dawnlight. "Powerfang, I want to join Thunderclan," I hissed at her and Dawnlight flexed her claws.

"No!" I spat at her. Pollenfur recoiled and Dawnlight gave me a questioning look.