nine

「 This book makes me so incredibly happy, it's certainly my favorite thing I've written as of now. 」

n i n e

"Francesca, we ought to slow it down," I told her after what seemed to be the tenth lustful kiss.

I pulled away from her even though my body ached at the thought of leaving her body, knowing that kissing was the most we were to do on our first date.

I cupped her cheeks with my two hands, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"I like you too much to let you give yourself up to me in an unfurnished loft. Let me call you a cab and let you experience things without regret. You deserve only the best."

"You're going to make me fall in love with you if you keep saying such kind things," she stated seriously.

I gave her a small smile.

'Then fall," I said.

Francesca and I's first date was a night to always remember and cherish, it ended on a good note and I was glad that we didn't do anything that would alter our circumstances. We still weren't each other's proclaimed boyfriend or girlfriend, but the label I desired for our relationship seemed to be near.

Work the day after our date was full of smiles, when I stepped through the front door she greeted me with a steaming hot cup of coffee.

The first two weeks of our relationship were incredible, it was like the honeymoon phase following a wedding. The two of us made it a duty to stay professional at work and then enjoy one another's presence after hours.

It was the fifteenth day that change happened, it was the fifteenth day that someone new walked into the shop.

The atmosphere of the place changed instantly upon their arrival, Francesca quickly greeted them even though she technically had her day off. She greeted him.

I was uncertain of the sudden appearance of an older gentleman with wide rimmed glasses and a beard of black and gray. He seemed to be not native to the area by the way he was examining Travelers and looking outside of the window every time a large thump of rain hit the concrete.

Francesca displayed a large smile as she served him, talking to him for a series of minutes before walking over to me.

"Ezra, the gentleman over there is here to talk to you, I'll cover your shift," she told me, taking my work apron from me.

"Me?" I questioned.

She nodded and gave me a kiss on the cheek, a new sign of affection at work.

I washed my hands and dried them, her looking between the gentleman and me every five seconds.

I walked towards the man and stood next to his table, his eyes met mine upon arrival. He gestured for me to take a seat, I cautiously complied.

"Ezra?" he questioned, his voice deep and rich.

I nodded, still confused on as to who the man was and what business he wanted with me. At a closer glance, he showed less age, the only thing indicating he was older than thirty being his gray and white hairs sprinkled across his face.