10: Disappear

Abby's POV

Momma shakes me awake. I can't sleep for longer than three hours. So I only slept half of the plane ride, the other half we watched The Little Mermaid.

Once we got off the plane and out of the boarding tunnel, Momma set me in the stroller again. It's pretty comfy. She pulled the shade all the way down before stuffing our carry-ons in the bottom of the stroller.

I hold tight to my necklace that my birthmother gave me as Momma pushes me through the airport.

All of the sudden shouts, yells, screams and camera flashes hit my face. I can see people holding them flashing lights as the stroller starts to move faster.

I start to black out or lose control. I wish I could jump out and run, run away. But Anna strapped me in. Sorry, momma strapped me in.

Sometimes I feel like I'm dishonoring my first mom by calling Anna it. My first mom did give me back after two years, so it's more like about my birth mom because someone once told me that she'll love me even though she never knew me. But then again I call Anna that because it makes her smile.

I cover my ears and close my eyes like it will also disappear. Tears start to spill out of my eyes. I try to blink them away like in stronger than those who are hurting me.

We make it to the car and Momma quickly transfers me to the car. Men in black suits load the back of the car then, two of them get in the front. Momma sits next to me trying to comfort me but it doesn't work.

She keeps saying words but I can't hear them. She keeps stroking my back but I can't feel it. I can't.

"It's alright, just wait and see
Your string of lights is still bright to me
Oh, who you are is not where you've been
You're still an innocent
You're still an innocent," I sing softly so I can only hear. I take a few deep breaths then look up at momma. She smiles her sympathetic smile at me. I nod an okay, before  turning my attention out the window.

••••

The car pulls up to a small house but good size for Mommy. She carried me inside and left me on the couch while she brought in our stuff in.

"Mommy, can I sleep?" I sigh.

"Hold on, wait for a little," she says and I hear her feet run up the stairs.

A little while later she hurried down and brings me up. It was a light blue room, black furniture, but it was empty enough to decorate. Or that's what I'm guessing. Because there was only a twin bed, a dresser, and a nightstand.

She tucked me in. Then kissed me goodnight. Finally, she turned on the lamp next to the bed. It's had a blue shade that said my full name in a pretty font. Abigail Elizabeth Kendrick.

Anna's POV

After putting Abby down, I set a timer to remind me to wake her in three hours. Then I start unpacking my stuff.

After unpacking which took an hour because my phone is a little distracting, I started dinner and turned on the TV. Somehow it was on the ET news.

"Anna Kendrick has been spotted multiple times with a child around the age of five. The child was on set with her while filming her newest movie Pitch Perfect. She was also spotted at LAX today. The child has not been identified, but was either carried or in the stroller. According to the hospital that Kendrick frequently visited while filming Pitch Perfect the child is an abuse victim and can't walk with her weak legs," the reported says and continues but I turned it off after that. Oh my god, Anna. Why didn't I think of this? What am I going to do? Oh god. I started freaking out.

The timer went off while I was having a small mental breakdown. I turned it off and hurried upstairs to wake her up.

"Abb, Abby," I said in a singsong voice.

"What?" She rolled over.

"Hey, come on it's time to get up," I say lifting her out of bed.

"I don't wanna get up," she complained while I started my way back to the kitchen her in hand.

"Sorry, but doctors orders," I say not knowing what else I could say, "I have dinner ready."

"What's for dinner?" She yawned.

"Food," I joke.

"What food, weirdo?" She smiles that beautiful smile at me.

"I made the hardest thing, it took hours," I smile, "spaghetti." It's actually the easiest but she doesn't know, at least I don't think.

"That's not hard," she laughs.

"Yeah, it is," I laugh a little.

"Is not," she says.

"Is too," I continue.

"No, I'm right," she says.

"It's very hard," I say setting her in a booster seat that I had shipped before we came home.

"I don't think so," she smiles as I set a bowl in front of her.

"Whatever," I sigh knowing she's right.

••••

After dinner, we sit on the couch watching Disney movies because she's been deprived of a picturesque childhood.

Halfway through the movie, my phone rings and I get up to grab it off the kitchen charger.

"Hello, this is Anna," I say into the phone.

"Hi, miss Kendrick, your daughter was tested for a concussion," the lady says.

"Yeah," I say.

"They came back negative," she says.

"That's great," I say happily.

"But there's something else, Abigail also has a mental disorder, it's called bipolar," the lady says making my heart sink.

A/n
Thanks for everything.

CQ:
Thoughts on Abby's bipolar?