nineteen.

It was only my second concert in my life and I already hated it. Atlanta in July was the equivalent of being thrown into the furnace, and I wasn't taking it.

I approached the large guard blocking the entrance to backstage. "Hello, meathead." He grunted. "If you don't mind, I'll just be going backstage now."

He put his arm out to stop me. "Not so fast, flower girl."

Oh boy, Rosalie, someone's not treating you like the queen. I rolled my eyes. "Luke and I are..." What? Luke and I are what? "Going steady?" It was more of a question than a statement.

Meathead laughed. "Luke Hemmings? Going steady? That's like trying to cage a wild lion. Come see me when you find a better lie."

I crossed my arms. "I'm not lying."

"Fat chance."

********

I sat by myself, seat 23, with my knees to my chest until the show was over and I found Luke.

"Not bad, Hemmings," I said with a wide grin. He smiled back at me, scratching the back of his head. "Hey, wanna go look at the stars with me? I know this great spot down by--"

"Can't," he said flatly.

"What?"

"Maybe next time, Rosi. Ok?" He tried pushing past me, his shoulder lightly brushing against mine.

My disgust was clearly plastered on my face. "Don't you dare think I don't know what you're doing."

His face was getting red. "Hanging out with the boys?"

"Oh, is that what you call those girls back there?"

His eyes were wide. "W-what? There's... There's no girls."

"You shut your trap, I know for a fact there's about twelve groupies backstage." I placed my hands firmly on my hips.

"And I have about three bandmates."

"So, what, they're gonna do four each?"

I could see anger building up behind his eyes. "What do you want?"

"I want you to straight up tell me that you don't want me because I'm a challenge. Don't lie to me."

He squinted his eyes, grabbing my wrist. "Not here," he growled, leading me to the roof of the arena.

********

Aw snap whaddup ~Laura :)