Ch 19: Fight or Flight

The three Furies whirled around in confusion and surprise as Castiel and Sam appeared, brandishing their weapons.

"Give me back Deanne." Called Sam as he stepped closer to the Furies.

The red headed one snapped her fingers and a fiery whip appeared, the barbs on the end sharpened skeletal vertebrae.

The blue haired one snapped her fingers and a bow with wickedly sharp coral arrow appeared. She notched an arrow and snarled at Cas and Sam.

The final fury, the one with the clover hair conjured up a staff of gnarled tree roots twisted around an orb of green glass. She however, smiled at Sam and Cas before she spoke, a thick Irish accent coming through.

"I'm glad that you boys could make it here today. Deanne took too long to break and noe we need a new sacrifice. She'll die anyways because of  the hole in her stomach but I think that you are s much more willing sacrifice Castiel. A helpless little angel with no wings and no home, with your lover dying on a dirty cave floor. Your father forsook you so come be our sacrifice and we can claim your revenge for you."

Castiel glared at the women, fury alight in his blue eyes. He tried to restrain his anger but his fists shook and that gave his facade away.

Sam stared at Cas and mouthed the word ready. Castiel nodded his head and they charged at the furies together.

An arrow whistled through the air and Sam spun around, narrowly avoiding an arrow to the eye. He ducked and ran closer to the fury. He stabbed her tendon by her knee and she sank to the ground, writhing in agony.

Sam grabbed the nail from his pocket and stabbed it into her chest. She shrieked in pain and disintegrated into a pile of sulphur but she soon reformed.

A second fury attacked Sam,clawing at him with viscous intent. Her claw caught his face and he groaned but he continued to try and fight her off.

Castiel was engaged in a battle with the lead fury. He knocked her staff away with a well aimed kick and she resorted to using her gnarled claws to scratch his face. He fell to the ground and shed his trenchcoat,grabbing a nail.

The fighting continued until Castiel knocked out the second fury. He rushed to Deanne and shook her shoulders. She opened her eyes at stared at Cas.

"Cas? Is that you?"

"Yeah it's me."

Cas cradled Deanne as she continued to bleed on the sword in her stomach.

"I promise we'll get you out alive. I promise."

Sam cried out loudly but Castiel couldn't hear him. Hr stared in horror as a claw stuck through his stomach.

"No Cas!" Cried Deanne as she let out a howl of pain.

Castiel toppled to the ground and closed his eyes ad the furies cackled in triumph. They were free.

Sam scrambled to his feet and rushed over to Cas and Dean. Dean had become Dean again and he was cradling Cas in his arms.

"You dumbass, why did you do that?"