Chapter 4. Project

Amys POV
I caught Sonic at the front doors I came in this morning. I looked for Shadow and he was with some guys in the parking lot leaning on the car.

"Hey Sonic."

He looked up from his phone and smiled.

"Hey Amy. I got all the stuff we need for our project."

"Great......"

Shadows POV
I was leaning on the car with some cool guys I meet in school today. They seem ok. I mean, I aint the one to judge.

"Aye, y'all tryna come ova, just got some weed and man its fire," said Jet.

Jet is a hawk. Kinda phases things really wrong at times but it's whatever, it dont bother me. Scrouge on the other hand.....

"Man what's wrong with you. You say the weridest shit," said Scourge.

"Look do you wanna come over or not."

"Hell yeah I do. I'm just saying-"

"Scourge just be quite," said Espio.

Espio is a camilion. He seems real cool but it seems like Scourge irritates him.

"Shadow you in?"

"I aint smoke in a while but sure why not? It's been a long ass day. Let me go tell my sister. You mind if y'all can take me?"

"Naw man no problem."

"Alright let me give her the car keys."

"We'll be in Jets green car over there," responded Scrouge as they all walked away.

I tossed my keys up in the air looking for my sister. She gotta be around here somewhere. I mean, honestly, how hard is it to find a pink hedgehog.

I was looking around when all of a sudden I found her. She was infront of the school talking to a blue hedgehog.

This boy got me fucked up, got my sister all smilin. I walked up to them to break the convo.

"Rose."

Amys POV
"Rose."

I turned around to see Shadow standing in front of me. Kind of freaked me out.

"Who's this," he said while nodding at Sonic. He was just being noisy. He really didnt seem interested.

"Sonic this is Shadow. Shadow this is Sonic."

There was dead silence.

"Oh man, is this your girlfriend, im really sorry, im not trying to hit on her. She's my partner. Not like relationship partners but science partners. I hope that didnt-"

I had to cut him off. I should have let him keep talking. That would have been funny as hell. But, I know I know. Stop him now!

"Sonic stop talking. This is my twin brother."

Sonics POV
Well don't I feel stupid. I just called a girl I actually like brother her boyfriend.

I quickly apologized.

"I'm really sorry Amy."

"It's ok."

She smiled at me. A forgiving smile. I swear one day I know her and shes all im thinking about. Normally I have to go on a run to think about things. With her she just pops up. Maybe if it starts to mess with me, I'll run to get her off my mind.

"Anyway Rose, I'm hanging with some dudes. Ill be home later."

He gave her the keys.

"Dont tear my baby up."

"Whatever Shadow, have fun."

"Alright sis, talk to you later bye."

"Bye Sonny," he said while walking away.

I was about to yell its Sonic but he wasn't even in hearing distance anymore.

"He does know my name right?"

"Yea, he's just being a dick. Shall we go?"

"After you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We drove up to my house and got out the car.

"This is it."

I unlocked the door and walked in.

"Welcome to my humble home."

"Sweet," Sonic said as he sat at our breakfast table.

"Want something to eat?"

"Do you guys have any chili dogs?"

I stared at him. He stared at me. He was serious. I know this boy don't expect me to cook him any.

"No but we got chips."

I handed him the variety box and he got barbecue. I got hot fries.

"So I was thinking that we could do a poster board. Place all six kingdoms on it. Talk about it a little."

"Sounds perfect," I responded.

I reached for the paper telling us the six kingdoms at the same time Sonic did.

We looked into each others eyes for a second. A small tingle traveled up my spine. A good one. Not the ones that leave you feeling all bent out of shape. The one that makes you feel like you're in lo- woahhhhh Amy Rose. You just met the dude.

I quickly snatched my hand away and so did he. "I'm sorry that was on me."

I slid the paper toward him.

"That was on me. Take the paper and ill do the research."

He nodded.

It was awkward for a while. He didnt look at me at all. I was starting to think that he felt what I did. Well news flash I did too.

"Um Amy. You know I just want to be friends. I don't want you to get the wrong idea or anything when you invited me over. I want you to know I came for school work nothing else."

Did he just. Oh hell no. He's got me messed up.

"Excuse me. I invited you over to work on the project. We're behind on our project. As you should have noticed, I havent put no moves on you. Strictly school. Don't think I just wanted to make out or anything. I thought we could be friends but apparently every dude is the same. A pile of crap!"

He sat there and looked at me bewildered as I stood over the table.

I pointed to the door.

"Get the hell out of here. Thinking you can just disrespect me in my own home."

Sonic got up and grabbed his things.

"Whatever," he spoke as he walked out.

"Whatever it out my damn door," I yelled as I slammed the door.

It's always the quite ones that are the assholes at heart.

I shook my head and headed up stairs.

Sonics POV
I leaned back on Amys door and shook my head and spoke aloud to no one in particular but myself, "Sonic, what's wrong with you."