Epilogue: 1965

Fonzie finished packing up the tools in his garage and glanced at the clock. It was nearly three and almost time to pick up Danny from school. His new employee rushed in.

"Mr. Fonzarelli, I just got an emergency call for a tow pick-up by the Peak at Inspiration Point."

"Nick, how many time have I told you, I'm not wearing a suit and tie, it's Fonzie or Fonz."

"Oh, right, sorry, Mr. Fonzie."

"Ehh, good enough."

Fonzie had just unzipped his uniform and climbed out of it, his back ached. It was a busy day at his garage and early that morning he dealt with a roomful of delinquents at Jefferson high school. He wouldn't kid himself. He struggled to manage two jobs as a garage owner and school dean, not to mention pop in a few times a month to make sure business ran smoothly at Arnolds since he became the co-owner.

The icing on the cake was when Fonzie became a father, and broke another record. Fonzie was the first male, single parent in Milwaukee to adopt a child. Nine year-old Danny with the big, brown puppy dog eyes stole his heart and awakened all his fatherly instincts after Fonzie spent time with him in the Big Brother program.

"Nick, I gotta run, can't you do it?"

"Well sure, I said I would, but she asked specifically for you, Fonzie." He chuckled. "Don't they all? She's not a regular around here that's for sure." Nick wolf-whistled.

"Why am I so blessed?" Fonzie heaved a big sigh and zipped up his uniform again. He tossed a wrench into the toolbox and his leather jacket on the front seat of the truck.

Normally Fonzie perked when women requested his personal assistance, but lately they'd become wearisome. Mrs. Lowenthal was one flirty customer. She liked to stuff her husband's golf balls in different parts under the hood and complain of strange noises. She hovered over Fonzie while he worked and bumped him every so often to get a closer look. Then there was Olive, young and single, but going steady with a new man every week. She would overheat her car and then come to the shop in a panic and tell Fonzie he had to water her engine.

Fonzie clapped Nick on the shoulder. "Nick, around here, the Fonz's work is never done! I gotta make this quick. If the school calls about Danny, tell 'em to keep cool and that I'm on my way, I just ran into a job emergency."

"Sure, Fonzie."

"Finish cleanin' up, will ya? Then take off for the day."

"Great!"

~Oo~

Fonzie rode to Inspiration Point and pulled up at the bottom of the hill. He jumped from the car and deeply inhaled the fresh air. The world smelled so much cleaner up here. He looked around nostalgic, it was a nearly a year since he last came.

The time Fonzie used to spend making out with girls was now time well spent cooking meals, doing homework, housework, watching TV and playing games with his new son. The Fonz leisurely settled into domestic bliss, but one vital part was missing from his particular equation.

Fonzie looked to his right and saw a beautiful cherry red mustang in near pristine condition. He walked over and examined it all on sides. There wasn't a dent or scratch on it. Fonzie trudged up the hill and saw a woman facing the open expanse of the peak. His gaze lingered on her. She was petite and very shapely, with long and wavy black hair done up in a chic half-bouffant and she wore a smart red Jersey dress with white polka dots. A familiar feeling struck him.

"Hey Miss! You call for a tow truck? I'm in kind of a hurry, so let's make this quick, okay? I can get it to the shop, but it'll take a couple of hours before I check it out. I gotta pick up my son and..."